Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jalbroken under warranty mic fault advice

Default jalbroken under warranty mic fault advice
    I have a 3gs with o2 simplicity sim, still under warranty bought on Ebay with reciept(25/07/09)i jailbroke it, need to take it to either apple or O2 for repair, must i update 1st on itunes before sending back for warranty repair, any advise would be great thanks
    version 3.1.2(7D11)
    firmware 05.11.07
    Last edited by kaapstad82; 2010-03-24 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks

Personally, I would do the repair or get the phone repaired by a non- apple repair shop. From what I hear, apple has a nasty habit of updating phones when they do repairs, in which case you'll lose your jailbreak indefinitely.
    What exactly is the problem with your phone?

people can hardly hear me but when i use car bluetooth all is fine using car mic, want to give phone to my daughter after my contract renewal is today so jailbreak not required

Thanks

If you don't want to jailbreak in the future then you should restore the phone to get rid of the jailbreak so as not to void your warranty

thanks Effenpig thats what i thought, my daughter also has a 30 day simlicity sim that can go back in when fixed cant it

Thanks

if you don't need to jailbreak then you can update and have warranty repairs done

would replacing the mic myself be ok i am an electronics engineer just get a new mic is it plug on or soldered to pcb do you know

Thanks

It's easiest to buy the complete dock assembly and just pop it in

Also, I don't know what you mean by a "simplicity sim".
    Are they an official carrier for the iPhone?

If o2 has this simplicity sim for legit iPhones then it should be fine
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 2010-03-24 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yes its an o2 priceplan but not iphone price plan, just opened up the phone i can see what you are saying about the dock thank you for your advice that what i will do

would you recomend replace battery at same time,not nessesary
    Last edited by kaapstad82; 2010-03-24 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

if u aren't having trouble with it then I wouldn't waste the time or money replacing it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

kaapstad82 (2010-03-24)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

When I took mine in to get the screen fixed he just took it for a few minutes in back and gave it back. It was one 3.1.2, but who knows what they will do. The first 3GS I had got dust under the screen quickly so they gave me a refurb, I was afraid they would do the same this time but was surprised when he asked if it was ok to just swap the screen out. I was yes!!!!.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

ok just replaced 3gs complete dock port connector assembly, still sound like i am 20m away from phone, put back original dock & woking srange booked in at apple store 10am, should i just carry on or replace under warranty, possibly loosing jailbreak untill 3.1.3 cracked or risk same fault later warranty up 25/07/10 help

Thanks

Define "working strange" ?!

strange that it works again with original dock now

Thanks

What works now? It may or may not be strange depending on what was not working. It's common for the home button to not work when a dock is installed incorrectly, but without any kind of details it's hard to offer any kind of help. "working strange" and "not working" don't give us much to work with!

Sorry the mic when on a call i sounded as if i was 20m away from phone, now i replaed the dock still as if 20m away from phone, put back original dock, strange it is working fine now, should i live with it or risk same fault out of warranty after 25/07/10, should i update to 3.1.3 before i take back to apple shop

ok took it back to apple shop,i then asked is it a new or referb replacement 3Gs, told its a new one, ok will take it after GH will release untetherd JB soon just updated all good only 3.1.3(7E18) 05.12.01 but working & nice&new
    Last edited by kaapstad82; 2010-03-27 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost