Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick question regarding network lock

Unhappy Quick question regarding network lock
    My iPhone is currently not working and is in a Recovery mode boot cycle and i am tempted to use iTunes to Restore and update the phone to 3.1.3 but im unsure if my phone will be network locked after that firmware update... would it be advisable to Restore and Update using itunes because i dont really mind losing the JB as long as i have a working phone. thanks

Thanks

2g, 3g, 3gs?

Quote Originally Posted by rphh View Post
    My iPhone is currently not working and is in a Recovery mode boot cycle and i am tempted to use iTunes to Restore and update the phone to 3.1.3 but im unsure if my phone will be network locked after that firmware update... would it be advisable to Restore and Update using itunes because i dont really mind losing the JB as long as i have a working phone. thanks
    Don't restore the phone with stocking apple firmware.
    If your phone already jailbroken, try to restore it with custom firmware.
    If the phone is 3gs, only the one with old bootrom can take custom firmware.
    good luck

i have a 3gs with the new bootrom.
    Last edited by rphh; 2010-03-24 at 09:03 AM.

If you mind losing the JB, restore it with itunes, it should get your phone updated with fw 3.1.3
    you should not have any problem restoring it with itunes.
    Let us know if you run into problem.
    good luck

would the iPhone lock to the network it was originally intended for? thats what im worried about

Quote Originally Posted by rphh View Post
    would the iPhone lock to the network it was originally intended for? thats what im worried about
    If you restore the phone with stocking Apple firmware 3.1.3, it will only work with ATT.
    If you need to have it unlocked, stay away from restoring it with FW 3.1.3
    That's why I suggested you restored it with custom firmware in the first place, then you said you don't mind losing Jailbreak (meaning that you don't mind losing unlock), so my assumption was you use ATT.
    good luck