Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anybody in the same boat? 3gs, 3.1.3, 05.12.01, model MB

Default Anybody in the same boat? 3gs, 3.1.3, 05.12.01, model MB
    I've seen posts for "club 05.12.01" but is anyone is the same boat as I am? what have you tried?

I have a 32gb, 3gs, 3.1.3, 05.12.01 model MB, with AT&T carrier.

All I want is to Jailbreak not unlock, what has everyone tried? I HAVE MANAGED TO JAILBREAK THIS PHONE FOR 2 DAYS but with no service, in other words I had cydia for 2 days but I want my cake and eat it too!!! (I want AT&T service and Cydia). I have read that 3.1.3 05.12.01 can NOT be jailbroken, but I did have my phone jailbroken, how can I "re"break it? I tried downgrading to 3.1.2 but now I guess it's not possible because Apple is not signing 3.1.2. I have read many posts that you can jailbreak an iphone 3.1.3 with 05.12.01 that is NOT an MC model, ok I don't have an "MC" model how can I jailbreak my phone.

So far I have tried:
    blackra1n
    sn0breez, ireb, f0rcast
    redsn0w

I have tried all of these methods using an IPSW for 3.1.3 7E18 and 3.1.2 7D11.

This is a community of over 500,000 strong with both expert hackers and newbies, can we all put our minds and methods together?I can only "assume" that we have all reached a point where we get to itunes and we get a plethora of errors (i.e. 1600, 16004, iphone not eligible for this type of upgrade, so on and so forth)
    Now I have seen several posts on how to get around this by doing a little bit of reprogramming from your computer (using "run" or command prompts) well I am not a pro or a newbie, but simple programming is a little scary but heck Ive crashed my computer a few times and restored it so someone give me something new to try, I am ready willing and able, just take me step by step.
    CALLING OUT ALL PROGRAMMERS!!! I AM NOT WILLING TO GIVE UP!!!!!

Right there with ya mate. From what I've gathered I'll have to wait until 4.0 is released and more importantly a hack for it is released until I cannot jailbreak.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

3GS is unique in the security they added. Even if a jailbreak does come out more that likely it will still be tethered if you are on the new bootrom. Basically all it is the waiting game. I would think one to be out right before the iPad 3G release.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Even though my 3GS isn't jailbroken now, do u think I can jailbreak it when 4.0 comes out (And a hack for it)?

Thanks

If they can build off an exploit for it then yes. But we are going to have to wait and see. Who knows they may do one for 3.2, if that comes out.

Thanks

@cerote...according to apples website reguarding the ipad it will be firmware 3.2...at least that is what I saw today...there was a link to "start developing the next generation of innovative applications for the iPad with iPhone SDK 3.2 beta"

Thanks

But I beleive they also mentioned that the iPhone will not be getting the 3.2 when iPad comes out or if it will even get it. So the iPad will be running a different version of the OS than the others for a little bit.

Thanks

gotcha...figured if the iPhone did get it then when the new phones are released later this year they would have 4.0...I think I would rather the devs wait on 4.0 in a few months rather than use an exploit (if they already have one) on 3.2 and have close it up with 4.0

and have apple close it up is what I meant to say
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-03-24 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by julieebean View Post
    I've seen posts for "club 05.12.01" but is anyone is the same boat as I am? what have you tried?

I have a 32gb, 3gs, 3.1.3, 05.12.01 model MB, with AT&T carrier.

All I want is to Jailbreak not unlock, what has everyone tried? I HAVE MANAGED TO JAILBREAK THIS PHONE FOR 2 DAYS but with no service, in other words I had cydia for 2 days but I want my cake and eat it too!!! (I want AT&T service and Cydia). I have read that 3.1.3 05.12.01 can NOT be jailbroken, but I did have my phone jailbroken, how can I "re"break it? I tried downgrading to 3.1.2 but now I guess it's not possible because Apple is not signing 3.1.2. I have read many posts that you can jailbreak an iphone 3.1.3 with 05.12.01 that is NOT an MC model, ok I don't have an "MC" model how can I jailbreak my phone.

So far I have tried:
    blackra1n
    sn0breez, ireb, f0rcast
    redsn0w

I have tried all of these methods using an IPSW for 3.1.3 7E18 and 3.1.2 7D11.

This is a community of over 500,000 strong with both expert hackers and newbies, can we all put our minds and methods together?I can only "assume" that we have all reached a point where we get to itunes and we get a plethora of errors (i.e. 1600, 16004, iphone not eligible for this type of upgrade, so on and so forth)
    Now I have seen several posts on how to get around this by doing a little bit of reprogramming from your computer (using "run" or command prompts) well I am not a pro or a newbie, but simple programming is a little scary but heck Ive crashed my computer a few times and restored it so someone give me something new to try, I am ready willing and able, just take me step by step.
    CALLING OUT ALL PROGRAMMERS!!! I AM NOT WILLING TO GIVE UP!!!!!
    Just wondering who you managed to jailbreak 3.1.3 even there is not signal for ATT?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtsexpert View Post
    Just wondering who you managed to jailbreak 3.1.3 even there is not signal for ATT?
    I think the OP is mistaken. Probably a downgraded phone that was hactivated which would explain Cydia and the no service problem.

...well after I took my MC model back to apple and received a MB model I went threw these steps (and yes I did manage to downgrade from 3.1.3 to a 3.1.2 which must have been right before apple stopped signing that firmware)
    Step 1: !important!
    *Download: all files listed below are required to make this work....

"click on each file to download"

***WINDOWS SUPPORTED ONLY***

3.1.2 ipsw
    6.0 At&t carrier update .ipcc (ATT_US_STEALTH.ipcc)
    3.1.3 ipsw
    Blackra1n
    redsn0w_.9 beta3
    --------------------------------

Step 2:

You may have already accidentally updated to the 3.1.3 baseband 5.12.1 but that's ok because this will work.

Make sure you have a previous backup in iTunes for the restore option.
    Hold the power button and home button for ten seconds
    Then release the power button and continue holding the home button for an additional 10seconds until you see your phone enter recovery mode or here the connection sound.
    (Don't worry if your screen is blank it still works.)

Now what you need to do is hold shift key then click on restore.
    *(Make sure its in recovery mode while doing this step)*

After you have selected restore, locate the 3.1.2 .ipsw file and click ok to start the restore. Then when that is completed it should throw a 1500 or 1600 error but that's ok.

Step 3:

Once the error arrives (if it does) you should see your phone stuck in recovery mode with the usb screen. Thats what you want to see.

Step 4:

Now we are going to run the good ol Blackra1n jailbreak software and let it do its thing. After it is finished you will notice it looks like your done and it worked, but your not finished yet. lol

Now choose last known good backup of your iphone from the list and let it sync the data.

When completed....

You will notice that your network is no longer there that's because we did a blank restore basically no carrier settings were configured through baseband.

Step 5: Now we are going to iTunes and we are going to update the carrier with the provided carrier file you downloaded from here.
    To install the carrier in case you don't know already its the same as installing the restore ipsw file.
    (shift+update choose carrier file and click ok)

Step 6: Now lets continue

Ok now turn your phone off like normal and turn it back on.
    Check to make sure everything is still working properly and note the carrier is still inop until the last step.
    Step 7:
    Now lets do the system restore again using the 3.1.3 .ipsw provided above from the downloads list.

FOLLOW THE SAME INSTRUCTIONS AS STEP #2

** BOOM THIS IS WHERE MY LAPTOP CRASHED **
    so I followed these same steps on 03/20/10 and I could not proceed.

Thanks

if you are on 3.1.3 already and don't have your 3.1.2 shsh's on file with cydia then there is no jailbreak available for you....

Default Now!!!
    ... ok now my iPhone is back to being unbroken with carrier AT&T 5.6 (3.1.3, version 7E18, 05.12.01, model MB), and with AT&T network but if I go to my Settings-> General I have this Profile called Enable Tethering but my network is still Wi-Fi so Im not sure if I am tethered or untethered.
    Also if I go to Safari (directly on my iPhone) and go to cydia.saurik.com website and try to download or buy anything (themes or packages)such as infinidock it only says "Unknown device identifier", does anyone have suggestion, options or even opinions at this point?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-4-.jpg   -photo-5-.jpg   -photo-6-.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    if you are on 3.1.3 already and don't have your 3.1.2 shsh's on file with cydia then there is no jailbreak available for you....
    ...honestly those 2 days that I was Jailbroken I'm not sure if I did have a shsh file, but I want to say that I do have one on file, how do I check?

Thanks

" if I go to my Settings-> General I have this Profile called Enable Tethering but my network is still Wi-Fi so Im not sure if I am tethered or untethered."

not sure what you mean, but there is a difference between tethering(using your phone as a modem) and a " tethered or untethered" jailbreak. Two totally separate things

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Julieebean74 View Post
    ...honestly those 2 days that I was Jailbroken I'm not sure if I did have a shsh file, but I want to say that I do have one on file, how do I check?
    if those 2 days that you were jailbroken were after February 2nd then you do not have 3.1.2 shsh's

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    " if I go to my Settings-> General I have this Profile called Enable Tethering but my network is still Wi-Fi so Im not sure if I am tethered or untethered."

not sure what you mean, but there is a difference between tethering(using your phone as a modem) and a " tethered or untethered" jailbreak. Two totally separate things

I confuse myself so bare with me, if I am understanding the word teathering correctly, I need to find a teathered jailbreak because I want to keep my AT&T carrier correct? essentially I am teathered to AT&T so if I were to use the "Unteathered" profile that I have I WILL have the ability to jailbreak my phone but I will not have a carrier?
    1.) If I understand correctly I am looking for a teathered (which I refered to as teathering) jailbreak right?
    2.) now that profile called Unteathered is unusable for me, taking into consideration that I want to stay with my carrier right?

I have read in some posts (which I will try to find but for now I will try to explain) that specify a way to jailbreak an iphone using an Unteathered method which means that they will not have a Wi-Fi connection?

...or am I just mixing my apples and oranges?

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    if those 2 days that you were jailbroken were after February 2nd then you do not have 3.1.2 shsh's

The exact date I bought my phone is... (drum roll please) February 1st 2010 BUT I didn't even realize who or what Cydia was until 5 days later when my best friend received my one year old 16gb iPhone and she asked me "so how do you take the stocks app., maps app. and weather app's off" I told her "let me google it and see if there is a way" thats when I came accross Cydia and modmyi.com, so now my best friend has Cydia with an AT&T carrier and I have a brand spanking new 32gb iPhone with no Cydia (karma or Murphies's law?)

...But I do have the Stocks app. lol
    Last edited by Julieebean74; 2010-03-24 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

tethering jailbreak refers to having to re-run the jailbreaking software each time you restart your phone..it has nothing to do with which carrier you use...that is unlocking...either way since you didn't save your 3.1.2 shsh's before apple stopped signing and you are already on 3.1.3 then for now there is no jailbreak available for you

19. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

julieebean (2010-03-25)