Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking 2.2.1 to 3.1.x

Default Jailbreaking 2.2.1 to 3.1.x
    Can't seem to find much info on firmwares as old as I have on mine.

Basically what I'm asking is how do you upgrade to 3.1.x, then Jailbreak it BUT be able to unlock the phone to change carrier.

My Iphone is a 8gb 3G, firmware version 2.2.1 (5H11), model is MB489B and the modem firmware is 02.30.03

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks

download this Apple, iPhone & iPad Forums, Mods, Guides, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - iPhone 3G 3.1.2 and from itunes use option+restore (mac) or shift+restore (pc) to update the firmware to 3.1.2 and then use either redsn0w or blackra1n to jailbreak and blacksn0w to unlock...

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    download this Apple, iPhone & iPad Forums, Mods, Guides, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - iPhone 3G 3.1.2 and from itunes use option+restore (mac) or shift+restore (pc) to update the firmware to 3.1.2 and then use either redsn0w or blackra1n to jailbreak and blacksn0w to unlock...
    I'll give it go thanks.

In case anyone else is following this thread the 3.1.2 firmware linked above didn't seem to work for me but I downloaded 3.1.0 and it works fine.
    Last edited by crooky; 2010-03-24 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost