Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwned 3GS 3.1.2 iboot 359.3.2 week 50 stuck in DFI

Default pwned 3GS 3.1.2 iboot 359.3.2 week 50 stuck in DFI
    Hi,

I tried to pwn another iphone the same way I did my 3.1.2, which was from earlier in the year.
    It's 3GS 3.1.2 iboot 359.3.2 week 50

When pwanage tried to transfer the payload the phone basically died. I hadn't done enough research on the new iboot and tethered mode I guess.

As itunes will not work on DFU / gets 1600 errors if I try to restore in that mode, I also tried redsnow 0.9.2. But it it also needs me to be able to put the phone in recovery mode. Nothing I've tried can move it form DFU (blank screens all the time).

Can anyone recommend anything to kick it into restore more?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well, even if you get it into restore mode, you won't be able to do anything from there but restore to the latest version.

What went wrong is that you tried to put a custom firmware on a phone that has the new bootrom (iBoot).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

ourobrs (2010-03-22)

Hi dhamien,

Thanks. just to check I was sold the right phone - can you confirm if this phone could have been unlocked via Blackra1n/tethered if I had tried this first?

So now it's basically time to upgrade to 3.1.3, where apple will also upgrade the baseband and wait it out?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If it was on 3.1.2, you could've jailbroken with either redsn0w or blackra1n (both would've been tethered). Afterwards, you could've unlocked it with blacksn0w.

Yeah, there's not much else to do now than wait. You could be lucky that a jailbreak is released when the iPad comes out which is early next month I believe.