Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrade j'broken ip3g from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2 ?

Thanks

Default upgrade j'broken ip3g from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2 ?
    hello,
    please donīt hit me for asking stupid questions. but i tried to find out what i want by searching and googl'ing. itīs somehow confusing...

anyway. i got an ip3g which i jb on fw 3.0.1
    i got some annoying problems like crashing apps (even the preinstalled apple-apps) and every app (messages, safari and maps as well) takes ages (sometimes more than 20 or 30 sec) to load up. and sb-setting says i got about 5-8mb free memory with just phone in the processes list.

(some of my installed cydia-apps: -backgrounder, -categories, -sbcategories, -volumeboost, -lock calendar, -veency, -apt backup, -sbsettings, -bossprefs, -glasklart theme, -some mobile subsrtate stuff, -custom font (cant remember the exact name) and some more... maybe someone can tell me which of those take too much resources so i will deinstall them)

however.. cydia isnt starting any more so i have to restore/update anyway.

but as everwhere is written that 3.1.3 canīt be unlocked iīd like to update just to 3.1.2. how can i do that, since i automatically get 3.1.3 when i upgrade in itunes??

i need an unlock, cause i have to change sim very often...
    i want jb, because i like volumeboost, lock calendar and glasklart (dont need the rest...)

sorry for so much talking
    thx for any help

kws

Thanks

look in the download section of this forum and download the 3.1.2 firmware for the 3g (not 3gs of course) and if u have a mac use pwnagetool to create a custom 3.1.2 firmware...if u have a pc ten just update to the official 3.1.2 you downloaded by holding down the shift key when u click on the restore button and find the 3.1.2 you downloaded and restore to that and then jailbreak with redsn0w...then unlock using blacksn0w..if u have a mac then hold the option key instead of shift and restore to the custom 3.1.2 u created with pwnagetool

p.s. u might have to put the phone in dfu mode first...seems like I have read that somewhere but not 100% sure
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-03-23 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

kweso (2010-03-25)

Thanks

ah, shift-click the restore button. i read it once but forgot it again. thereīs tmi on jbing on the web. actually jailbreaking is not that much of a deal. only the masses of guides and tutorials confuse and alienate me so much... cause everyone is telling the story a little bit different...

anyway... thx!!
    hf
    kws

i read somewhere that 3.1.2 comes with baseband 05.11.07 which is supposedly not unlockable. is the fw-file from the download-section here able to unlock without problems?

thx...
    Last edited by kweso; 2010-03-23 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

5.11.07 can be unlocked using blacksn0w

Thanks

hello,
    i updated to fw 3.1.2 and baseband 05.11.07 (it sayīs so in settings > general > info).

i started redsn0w 0.8, browsed for iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw (downloaded it from the mmi-downloadsection). but it says "Unable to recognize specified IPSW".

oh my god, what have i done? all i wanted was a little fun...

:P
    thx for any suggestions.
    hf
    kws

Thanks

use redsn0w 0.9.2

8. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

kweso (2010-03-25)

Thanks

worked, thx. but now cydia crashes while loading...

will search for answers...
    hf
    kws

now i did the hole thig again. restored in itunes to 3.1.2, jailbreaked again with redsn0w 0.9.4...

cydia still starts - says "loading data" - crashes...

cydia started to crash after startup since some time now at my old 3.0.1jb. could it be that my carrier (orange austria) blocks cydia?

*whine*
    Last edited by kweso; 2010-03-26 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost