Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Forced to Restore

Default Forced to Restore
    My phone would get to the apple logo and then go black. I could load up the apple logo again, but it would go black after 10 seconds. I tried a full restart with Lock+Home but the same thing would happen.

I am forced to restore my 3GS and now I've lost my jailbreak as I'm now on 3.1.3.

Is there any current way to jailbreak this version? I decided to hold off on 3.1.3 but here I am.

Any help please?!?!!

Thanks

Did u save ur files with Cydia?

Quote Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
    My phone would get to the apple logo and then go black. I could load up the apple logo again, but it would go black after 10 seconds. I tried a full restart with Lock+Home but the same thing would happen.

I am forced to restore my 3GS and now I've lost my jailbreak as I'm now on 3.1.3.

Is there any current way to jailbreak this version? I decided to hold off on 3.1.3 but here I am.

Any help please?!?!!
    For 3GS: if yoyur phone is already jailbroken and has old bootrom, you can restore it with custom firmware, so your phone can still be jailbroken and unlocked. If your phone has new bootrom, look like you are out of luck here unless you have SHSH 3.1.2 saved on Cydia
    For 3G: you can restore your phone with stocking Apple FW 3.1.2 without any problem, then jailbrake and unlock it.
    good luck