Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do I need to upgrade my service plan?

Default Do I need to upgrade my service plan?
    I might be getting an Iphone for my birthday but my father, aka the bill-payer, doesn't want to upgrade the service plan from AT&T for $40 dollars or whatever it is. If i jailbreak my phone do I need to upgrade my service plan or are there other options?

I came across a video explaining how to Jailbreak and he mentioned something about an "app" that gives the phone full internet capability for $5 dollars a month. Does this exist?

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
    I might be getting an Iphone for my birthday but my father, aka the bill-payer, doesn't want to upgrade the service plan from AT&T for $40 dollars or whatever it is. If i jailbreak my phone do I need to upgrade my service plan or are there other options?

I came across a video explaining how to Jailbreak and he mentioned something about an "app" that gives the phone full internet capability for $5 dollars a month. Does this exist?

Any help would be appreciated.
    You must have data plan ($30/month) in order to get an iphone at discount price ($200 for 3gs 16g and $300 for 3gs 32gb)
    Data plan is a must, no way to get around this unless you buy the phone on ebay or other sources, that you cost you more than the discount price that ATT offers.
    good luck