Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 jailbreak

Question iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 jailbreak
    I recently got a 3GS but had to upgrade to version 3.1.3 (7E18). My model is MB716LL. I also have an iPhone 3G with version 3.1.2

I know that I can't jailbreak my 3GS but is there anyway I can use my 3G to jailbreak my 3GS? I don't need an unlock, just a jailbreak

Thanks

no there is no way to use your 3g to jailbreak your 3gs

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why can't you jailbreak your 3gs? You have an MB model with an old bootrom, try sn0wbreeze.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DoYouLikeLuxury? For This Useful Post:

TheCrow13 (2010-03-22)

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouLikeLuxury? View Post
    Why can't you jailbreak your 3gs? You have an MB model with an old bootrom, try sn0wbreeze.
    Simply because the phone has new firmware 3.1.3

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtsexpert View Post
    Simply because the phone has new firmware 3.1.3

This is full of crap if you have model (MB) than you can just download the 3.1.2 firmware and hit (Shift/Restore) in iTunes and than use Blackra1n RC3 to jailbreak your device, than if you really wish to move up to 3.1.3 which is not suggested obviously! The only ones that are stuck are the ones with model (MC) purchased after Jan.2010 and baseband 05.12.07, so you should be good to go and just do it and see what happens
    Follow me on Twitter-Crow1372

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Apple doesn't sign the 3.1.2 firmware anymore so unless he has his 3.1.2 SHSH on file in Cydia he will be unable to downgrade his 3GS.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow13 View Post
    This is full of crap if you have model (MB) than you can just download the 3.1.2 firmware and hit (Shift/Restore) in iTunes and than use Blackra1n RC3 to jailbreak your device, than if you really wish to move up to 3.1.3 which is not suggested obviously! The only ones that are stuck are the ones with model (MC) purchased after Jan.2010 and baseband 05.12.07, so you should be good to go and just do it and see what happens
    You need to read up a bit because most of your post is incorrect

Models tell nothing about 3GS phones. Whether they're MC or MB doesn't matter. You can't downgrade any 3GS if you don't have the 3.1.2 (or lower) SHSHs no matter when you bought it. Baseband version only affects unlocking.

As for the OP, there's nothing he can do but wait until a new jailbreak is released. Nothing will jailbreak a 3GS on 3.1.3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

1MRVP (2010-04-19)

Thanks

@TheCrow13..."MC" model numbers only apply to IPTs

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow13 View Post
    full of crap? Really? Next time you should only post what you know!!!

Unhappy Iphone 3GS firmware 3.1.3 baseband 5.12.01
    I have a 3GS which i jailbroke when it was on 3.1.2... it updated when i synced and now am on baseband 5.12.01... i got the forcast from snowbreeze and it tells me that I am jailbreakable only if i have my files shsh on cydia... my cydia was lost in update... I am desperate to jailbreak again... I dont want to unlock my device... just jailbreak to make it look less BLAH again... someone PLZ HELP ME!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayIphone3Gs View Post
    I have a 3GS which i jailbroke when it was on 3.1.2... it updated when i synced and now am on baseband 5.12.01... i got the forcast from snowbreeze and it tells me that I am jailbreakable only if i have my files shsh on cydia... my cydia was lost in update... I am desperate to jailbreak again... I dont want to unlock my device... just jailbreak to make it look less BLAH again... someone PLZ HELP ME!!!
    if you hit the "make my life easier" button when you were previously jailbroken before February 2nd or 3rd then you should have your shsh's for 3.1.2 on file with cydia..if that is the case you can use this guide to downgrade to 3.1.2 and jailbreak... http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html ...if you didn't before that date then there is no way as of now for you to downgrade or jailbreak....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

choihyun (2010-04-15)

Hi I have a 3GS model MB716LL running os 3.0 on baseband 5.11.07, It is tethered jailbroken and unlocked at the moment with blackra1n, shsh on file for 3.1.3, can anyone confirm if I can jailbreak and unlock, thanks

That's jailbreak an unlock 3.1.3 even if it's tethered

Edit - I have 3.1 right now
    Last edited by avps; 2010-04-19 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avps View Post
    Hi I have a 3GS model MB716LL running os 3.0 on baseband 5.11.07, It is tethered jailbroken and unlocked at the moment with blackra1n, shsh on file for 3.1.3, can anyone confirm if I can jailbreak and unlock, thanks

That's jailbreak an unlock 3.1.3 even if it's tethered

Edit - I have 3.1 right now
    If you need to run the jailbreak program every time you boot (tethered jailbreak) then you can't use custom firmwares.

I got it from the black market like this, so The seller could have taken the easy way out, is there anyway to find out without locking my phone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I got it from the black market like this, so The seller could have taken the easy way out, is there anyway to find out without locking my phone.
    What do you mean by 'taken the easy way out'? If your phone has a tethered boot, meaning you need to connect it to your computer whenever you want to boot it, it has the new bootrom. New bootrom phones can't use custom firmwares.

I meant these black market shops sell 100's of phones everyday and have one guy to jailbreak so because the process is easier for him, he could have used it on the old bootrom, is there any way to find the bootrom, I have been good with jailbreaking since I got my 2g then 3g now 3gs

Thank you for your time guys
    Last edited by avps; 2010-04-19 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Tethered jailbreak = new bootrom.
    If you can turn off your phone and turn it back on without having to re-run blackrain then it's untethered = old bootrom.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I meant these black market shops sell 100's of phones everyday and have one guy to jailbreak so because the process is easier for him, he could have used it on the old bootrom, is there any way to find the bootrom, I have been good with jailbreaking since I got my 2g then 3g now 3gs

Thank you for your time guys
    It's not something you do to the phone. It either has the old bootrom or the new one. It can't be changed by any kind of software. If it requires a tethered boot, it'll always do so, at least with the jailbreaking tools available now.

Ok thanks guys I'll wait!