Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! Apple logo stuck, But version 3.1.2

Default HELP! Apple logo stuck, But version 3.1.2
    I brought a iphone 3GS 16GB off the internet for a good price, also using paypal (incase there's no way to fix, i intend to get my money back).

Anyway when i open the iphone it just stays on the apple logo. I tried re-jailbreaking it and booting it with redsn0w and blackra1n with no results.

I used Firmware Umbrella in attempt to get the SHSH from Cydia, but no SHSH to grab to begin with (i guess the guy didn't choose the "Make my life easier" option).

I'm thinking of updating using the custom 3.1.3 firmware (if that will even work), but i wanna know if there is any other way to do it(if there's even a solution to this).

So if anyone can help or even direct me to the right thread, that would be greatly appreciated.

first welcome,

second if you are on stuck on the bootlogo how do you know you have an iphone with 3.1.2 ?

first thing i would do is hook it up to itunes and restore 3.1.2 firmware on it, if itunes disagrees means its prob already on 3.1.3 and you can't put 3.1.2 on it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cadsii For This Useful Post:

lockingpopper (2010-03-22)

Well i assume it is 3.1.2, because i told the seller to keep it at that version. Also when attempting to re-jailbreak it, it actually goes through all the processes then gets stuck at the apple logo again, whereas i tried jailbreaking my friend's 3.1.3 version it doesn't do anything. I tried using a custom 3.1.2 firmware with itunes and it doesn't work. Do you think it is save to try the custom 3.1.3 firmware?

Thanks

if u tried a custom 3.1.2 and it didn't work then it's probably the new iBoot and will not accept custom firmwares no matter which version u try to put on it...

did it give you the "your phone is not eligible for this software" or something close to that?
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-03-21 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lockingpopper View Post
    I brought a iphone 3GS 16GB off the internet for a good price, also using paypal (incase there's no way to fix, i intend to get my money back).

Anyway when i open the iphone it just stays on the apple logo. I tried re-jailbreaking it and booting it with redsn0w and blackra1n with no results.

I used Firmware Umbrella in attempt to get the SHSH from Cydia, but no SHSH to grab to begin with (i guess the guy didn't choose the "Make my life easier" option).

I'm thinking of updating using the custom 3.1.3 firmware (if that will even work), but i wanna know if there is any other way to do it(if there's even a solution to this).

So if anyone can help or even direct me to the right thread, that would be greatly appreciated.
    The phone will only take custome firmware if it's already jailbroken and has old bootrom in it.
    If I were you, I would return it back to the seller because it stuck at Apple logo right after you power it on, so you don't even know whether it's jailbroken or not.
    good luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dtsexpert For This Useful Post:

I contacted the seller and he had it jailbroken b4. Is there a way to check the current bootrom version?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

lockingpopper (2010-03-23)

WOO HOOO i got it working, problem was i using the wrong custom firmware 3.1.2.

i needed the one without the iphone contract.
    Last edited by lockingpopper; 2010-03-23 at 07:49 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lockingpopper For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2010-03-23)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You are not supposed to link to custom firmwares on this site. You may want to edit your post

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

lockingpopper (2010-03-23)