Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with in app purchases

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Help with in app purchases
    Hi,

I have a iPhone 3g running 3.1.2 (7D11). I was in Tap Tap Revenge 3 trying to buy a track pack, however when trying to buy it, it had [Environment: Sandbox] in the notification window. Does this mean I cannot purchase this track pack?

I have looked online and on the Tap Tap Revenge site which says:

I cannot purchase tracks! It says this is not a Test-User account?
    This is currently unconfirmed, but it seems like you cannot purchase tracks on jailbroken devices. For now the only solution is to restore your device to an un-jailbroken state.
    I assume this is the same for the sandbox message? It seems a bit silly Apple is rejecting money from people who has jailbroken their device to try and get more use out of the product.

So, I'm asking here, is there anything I can do except for formatting the phone, to be able to purchase these track packs? I only jailbreak for BiteSMS and backgrounder, and while I could live without it being jailbroken... I would prefer not too. Especially when I have over 14,000 texts on the phone, and a lot I want to keep.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

It has nothing to do with being jailbroken. It's the fact that you are using cracked apps. We do not support warez on this site.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Huh? This isn't a cracked app. Its free to download from the store. I bought Tap Tap Revenge 3 when it first came out.

It's because you have appsync installed. thus you have cracked apps. uninstall appsync and delete and redownload taptap. oh yeah, and don't reinstall appsync.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

techydan (2010-03-21)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    O right then. Thank you for your help. I have appsync installed because unless the app developer offers a "lite" version of the paid app, apple has not created a demo or trial way. And I refuse to pay straight away for a app I cannot demo. However, I do not agree with people not paying the developers for a service, and every app I have I pay for. If I do not like the app, I delete it. If I like the app, I delete and pay for it.

But, thank you, I shall follow your instructions and try again.
    Last edited by techydan; 2010-03-21 at 06:12 PM. Reason: I put "That" instead of "Thank"

Ok, I just told you not to reinstall appsync because I figured you were one of the newbs who are like "i'm 1337 how canz i git FREE appz?"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

techydan (2010-03-21)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    1337 :S And no, good work deserves to be paid for, otherwise how can the developer carry on making the apps. But thanks :-)

no problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Already hit

Thanks. I saw that just after I posted. Lol