Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any way to install 3.1.2 on a 3G iPhone (on a Mac)?

Default Any way to install 3.1.2 on a 3G iPhone (on a Mac)?
    Seems that I can only restore to 3.1.3 through iTunes.... and then I can only jailbreak - not unlock - because Cydia can't get to blackra1n. So here I am (in China of all places) with my 3G that I can't use. Can anyone tell me what to do to get my iPhone usable again?

Thanks

if you have already updated to 3.1.3 then you will not be able to unlock the phone...there isn't an unlock available at this time for the new baseband...if you are still on 3.1.2 then download the firmware for your phone in the download section of this site and use option+restore (i believe its option anyway) and select the 3.1.2 firmware you downloaded and restore..better even is use pwnagetool to create a custom ipsw for 3.1.2 and you will already be jailbroken after you restore to your custom 3.1.2

Default Thanks.... (kind of)
    ...for telling me that! The truth hurts but at least I won't have to search any longer for a solution. Guess I will just have to put the iPhone away until some brilliant soul comes up with a "fix". Do you think that will actually happen within a reasonable time period or should I take a loss by selling it to someone who has the time and money to wait? Sure wish someone had pointed this out before I upgraded to 3.1.3 -- all I saw was warnings not to upgrade the 3GS but nothing was said about the 3G. Thanks again, really, for setting me straight on this!