Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tethered and Untethered....?

Default Tethered and Untethered....?
    Hello Everyone,

I don't mean sound stupid....but could someone tell me the difference between a tethered and untetherd jailbreak. I'm currently using a 3gs with 3.1.2 mc model. I have a legit sim so i don't really care about an unlock. I used blackra1n to jailbreak but i have to rerun blackra1n everytime i reboot. Anyway if someone could update me on the difference between a tethered or untethered jailbreak but that would be great. And what is this greenp0ison i keep hearing about?

Thank you for your help have a great day!!!!

you have a new 3gs with the new boot loader so you cant have a untethered jailbreak at the moment simple as that

I understand that. My phone is jailbroken already. But I'm asking what is the difference between tethered and untethered just for my own knowledge. Can u tell me?

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by godfther1984 View Post
    I understand that. My phone is jailbroken already. But I'm asking what is the difference between tethered and untethered just for my own knowledge. Can u tell me?

Not an expert but Google is your friend my friend but as far as I know is this, if you have to reboot your device or the battery dies than you will have to plug your iPod/iPhone back in and turn on Blackra1n again to jump start it. Also the main reason members don't like tethered is the fact if you go into Cydia to download something you like or need, most times you need to reboot after installing so you will be going through this bothersome effort all over again and again so just wait and see what comes in June/July Untethered is the fact that your free from your computer and never have to hook it up again as above mentioned, so once fully (untethered) jailbroken your good to roam where ever
    Follow me on Twitter-Crow1372

Great. Good to know. I will hop on google n look into it a little more. Thank u 4 ur help. It is greatly appreciated. Have a good night