Results 1 to 6 of 6

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: can i now upgrade?

  1. #1
    Default can i now upgrade?
    hi i have aq 3g 8gig unlocked to t mobile uk..3.1.2 [7d11]model MB489B SO CAN I UPGRADE to 3.1.3 and jailbreak and unlock..because i am getting multiple freezing thats realey cracking me up..any help please

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts

    sure, just use redsn0w to jb after you do. Does the 3.1.3 really do anything on the 3g? I know it does nothing on the 3gs

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    sure, just use redsn0w to jb after you do. Does the 3.1.3 really do anything on the 3g? I know it does nothing on the 3gs
    He needs it unlocked, updating it to the 3.1.3 will update the baseband as well. While 3.1.3 can be jailbroken, it can't be unlocked.

    Quote Originally Posted by westentertainer View Post
    hi i have aq 3g 8gig unlocked to t mobile uk..3.1.2 [7d11]model MB489B SO CAN I UPGRADE to 3.1.3 and jailbreak and unlock..because i am getting multiple freezing thats realey cracking me up..any help please
    If you want to update to 3.1.3, you should restore it with custom firmware 3.1.3 to keep the baseband 5.11.07, so that you can still have it unlocked.
    AGAIN, do now update your phone with stocking Apple 3.1.3
    good luck
    Last edited by dtsexpert; 2010-03-19 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dtsexpert View Post
    He needs it unlocked, updating it to the 3.1.3 will update the baseband as well. While 3.1.3 can be jailbroken, it can't be unlocked.


    If you want to update to 3.1.3, you should restore it with custom firmware 3.1.3 to keep the baseband 5.11.07, so that you can still have it unlocked.
    AGAIN, do now update your phone with stocking Apple 3.1.3
    good luck
    Good Call, sorry I missed that! I take from here and trying to start giving back. I'll be more conscientious next time!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    Good Call, sorry I missed that! I take from here and trying to start giving back. I'll be more conscientious next time!
    Sorry for correction you this, no mean to get you offended or any thing, just trying to help others not doing things incorrectly, then later find out they get stuck..

  6. #6
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dtsexpert View Post
    Sorry for correction you this, no mean to get you offended or any thing, just trying to help others not doing things incorrectly, then later find out they get stuck..
    No worries at all, I definitely want users to get the right info as I have been help many times by others here. I applaud all of you that spend their time helping others here. I had a 3g that I liked but got a little bored so I wanted something different. My wife bought me a 3gs and I was excited at first but soon got bored with the same ole stuff, but I dig my phone so much more now that I have learned the JB way, so no worries bud. Keep doing what you are doing and one day I'll help along the way

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •