Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So do I have to wait now??

Default So do I have to wait now??
    My 3GS on 3.1.2 got stuck on apple logo last night and after multiple reboots, finally itunes recognized ..but forced me to restore with 3.1.3

So I'm done now as far as jb is concerned. Still no way to jailbreak this..??

Quote Originally Posted by vhl71 View Post
    My 3GS on 3.1.2 got stuck on apple logo last night and after multiple reboots, finally itunes recognized ..but forced me to restore with 3.1.3

So I'm done now as far as jb is concerned. Still no way to jailbreak this..??
    If your 3gs has old bootrom, try to restore it with custom firmware. That will get you back on business.
    If it has new bootrom, you can try blackrain or Redsnow to reboot it.
    good luck

How do I find the version of my bootrom?
    My firmare is 5.12.01

Where can I find blackra1n for 3.1.3?
    Some paid sites say their program works
    Last edited by vhl71; 2010-03-20 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^^ lol at hijacking this thread

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Those sites are fake. There is no Blackra1n for 3.1.3.

Use f0recasy from ih8snow.com and find out which bootrom you have. If it's the old one, and you've been jailbroken before, you can jailbreak 3.1.3 with Redsn0w.

F0recast* sorry typo
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-03-20 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks. Is blacksn0w available for windows?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Umm blacksn0w is the unlock for 5.11.07 it's not Windows or Mac specified... It's in Cydia.

Are you asking for Redsn0w? Or Blackra1n? Or what?

Just checekd with f0recast. It says its jailbrakable only if shsh is saved. So I guess I've the new firmware and wait for the new fix??
    Last edited by vhl71; 2010-03-20 at 01:56 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Redsn0w.com and it will work for 3.1.3 but did you check to see what your bootrom is f0recast

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

He has a 3GS so nothing will work.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Um that's a misleading comment. Not all 3GS are stuck in a rut some noobs reading this might get confused don't you think? If f0recast says you can jailbreak with SHSH files and you don't have them then yes you'll have to wait.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Um that's a misleading comment. Not all 3GS are stuck in a rut some noobs reading this might get confused don't you think? If f0recast says you can jailbreak with SHSH files and you don't have them then yes you'll have to wait.
    I guess I should've been more specific. It was actually a reply to your last post. Redsn0w won't work on a 3GS on 3.1.3 and someone might assume that it would based on your post.

By the way, f0recast doesn't actually check what the bootrom version is, it just looks at serial number. In my opinion, f0recast is pretty bad.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Well as long as we got that all cleared up. F0recast at least tells you if your stuff is jailbreakable/unlockable and whether it'll be tethered or not. It's ok I guess lol. Bootrom I guess you'll just have to rely on looking at the 4th and 5th of the serial then to know if it's the older or newer one.

Isn't there like another way to check it but it's all complicated and whatnot? Lol I read up on it somewhere but didn't really look too deep into it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah, you can check manually the same way you check your ECID. With USBView and the phone in DFU mode. The iBoot version is what tells if it's the old or new bootrom.