Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [QUESTION] 3.1.3 Jailbreaking & 3GS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default [QUESTION] 3.1.3 Jailbreaking & 3GS
    I am aware of the fact that 3.1.3 is bad news, however my old phone just broke and I am in need of getting a new iPhone. There is really no other option for me at this moment, so what I'm trying to find out is...

Do new 3GS come with 3.1.3 pre-installed? (I would assume they do)
    Just to confirm, is there anyway to jailbreak it if they do?
    Should I even bother getting a new iPhone at this moment?

Thanks in advance, guys!

Thanks

if your replacement phone comes with 3.1.3 then there is no jailbreak available

if u are replacing a 3gs you might luck up and get one with 3.1.2 but those are becoming rare
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-03-18 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yes if your buying a brand new iphone 3gs it will have 3.1.3. dont bother

omg pleasee dont buy one from the store... i just made that mistake because i wanted a new one not a used one and plus its cheaper. and now i have 3.1.3 already installed on it and now im the sadest panda u can ever imagine... and theres no word on when the hell im gonna b able to JB again. so good luck to you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

There has actually been a few lucky ones that got 3.1.2 new ones. So it is more likey to get 3.1.3 but with a small, tiny chance at a 3.1.2.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Getting 3.1.2 out of the box is rare, worst is most if not all have new bootrom....
    If you are qualified to upgrade hardware, go a head to get one, sell it, whatever you get, it should be enough to get same model with old bootrom and 3.1.2 on craigslist in used good condition.
    good luck