Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.1.2 & JB PC

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.1.2 & JB PC
    I am a long time iphone user & member of the modmyi community. I have a 3g iphone with firmware 3.0.2. I have no intention to unlock but I always jailbreak, currently I use redSn0w. If I were to upgrade through itunes I get the Error 13 message, I have tried many times to fix that, but still get Error 13.

Also, I am seeing many warnings not to upgrade to 3.1.3 as there is no working jailbreak. I see conflicting reports about if it is safe to use 3.1.2 -- More and more software is requiring 3.1 in order to run it. Is it safe to jailbreak to 3.1.2 where do I get the firmware to upgrade if this is safe to do. I have a PC and would love any help or advice anyone has.

Thank You,

Tuna Oddfellowhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GErpOl3KG_w

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Put your phone in DFU mode and shift+click restore to 3.1.2 and then use redsn0w to jailbreak.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Tuna_Oddfellow (2010-03-19)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna_Oddfellow View Post
    I am a long time iphone user & member of the modmyi community. I have a 3g iphone with firmware 3.0.2. I have no intention to unlock but I always jailbreak, currently I use redSn0w. If I were to upgrade through itunes I get the Error 13 message, I have tried many times to fix that, but still get Error 13.

Also, I am seeing many warnings not to upgrade to 3.1.3 as there is no working jailbreak. I see conflicting reports about if it is safe to use 3.1.2 -- More and more software is requiring 3.1 in order to run it. Is it safe to jailbreak to 3.1.2 where do I get the firmware to upgrade if this is safe to do. I have a PC and would love any help or advice anyone has.

Thank You,

Tuna Oddfellowhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GErpOl3KG_w
    3.1.3 can be jailbroken on 3G phones, but not 3GS. There's the additional problem that 3.1.3 upgrades the baseband that isn't unlockable on either phone.

As you don't need the unlock, it doesn't really matter if you go to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. There's not much advantage to either.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

Tuna_Oddfellow (2010-03-19)