Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Drained Battery Sign & error 1604 (how to restore?)

Default Drained Battery Sign & error 1604 (how to restore?)
    Hi,

I've got 2 problems in which I don't see a solution, so hope someone can help me.

My Iphone 3G (1,5 years old) jailbroken and unlocked (initially redsn0w) started shutting down from itself. I needed a cable (wall socket / usb) to restart it (only a few seconds to get it powered up) after that it worked. So it seemed a software issue, not a drained battery. Solved this by reinstalling 3.0 firmware, again jailbreaking and unlocking it. (also re-installed my last back-up from Itunes). Worked well, until after a couple of days it started again. Solved that by upgrading to 3.1.2 firmware (using Blackra1n and Blacksn0w to open it), and again reinstalling the last back up from Itunes. And it worked again (just for a day..)

Because the next day it shut down again, and with the power plug it showed the drained battery sign (the battery with thin red line and a white flash beneath it). I now think that the problem keeps recurring because I'm reloading the last back up made in Itunes(which I think must have a software error). So now I wan't to restore again to 3.1.2, jailbreak it with blackra1n etc ,and then NOT reload the Iphone back up in Itunes.

So with some trouble I got Itunes to recognize the Iphone, so tried a restore to 3.1.2. Only now I get a "1604 error". And because I have the battery issue I cannot get it out of recovery mode (at least what I understand 1604 is a recovery mode issue).

So who can help me? How to solve the 1604 error, knowing that I cannot get the phone started. (by the way I get Itunes to recognize the phone by first connecting it to usb, then pressing home and menu it switches off, and just after the screen turned black I release the power button. (and then pressing the home button after 10 seconds Itunes recognizes it).

What to do, what to do. (last thing, I also tried DFU.exe to get it out of recovery, but did not work. (also Quickpwn does not recognize the phone..)

Would be really nice if someone can help me!

If i were you, i would uninstall iTunes completely (registry entries and services also) and then reinstall iTunes.

Here is some more detail on 1600, 1604 errors

Fix 1604, 1602, 1600 Error During iPhone 3.1.3 IPSW Custom Restore | Redmond Pie
    iPhone 4
    Firmware : iOS4
    Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
    Jailbroken using Jailbreakme

Thanks for the tip.

Uninstalled Itunes, Reinstalled it (my playlists and songs were still there though, does that mean it didn't work?), and used iH8sn0w to get the white screen. After that tried to restore (shift to restore to 3.1.2) and got the same error again.

Any other options?
    Also in doubt if Itunes was correctly completely uninstalled (will try that option now, deleting everything).

But if you (or anyone else) has any other options please let me know.. (nothing worse than being used to an Iphone, having one which works, only won't work because of a software thingy..

Try instructions here on how to uninstall iTunes completely

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP
    iPhone 4
    Firmware : iOS4
    Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
    Jailbroken using Jailbreakme

Hi, thanks.

Completely deleted Itunes and tried again. To no avail unfortunately. (the ih8sn0w worked, but it didn't resolve the error).

Will try on another computer, but have little hope. Also tried ziphone, but didn't work.

So actually out of options what to do now...