Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Issue

Default New Issue
    I have a 16gb 3GS 3.1.2 that I used blackra1n on. I did everything except I forgot to click snow to unlock it. I do have cydia though. Everything worked fine...recognized new sim card, cydia works, however it keeps going back to the "sync to itunes" screen and nothing seems to work except using blackra1n again. It doesn't put the icon back on the phone but it does work for awhile.

If I restore will it automatically upgrade to 3.1.3?
    How can i solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's not a bug, it's expected behavior. What you have is a tethered jailbreak meaning you'll need to run blackra1n every time you want to boot your phone.

what if it does it without me trying to boot? It just randomly goes to that screen?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Then that's a pretty bad sign. Maybe you've installed something that makes the phone crash. Have you installed anything from Cydia recently? Was there a time where it didn't randomly go to that screen?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

blandv (2010-03-19)

only thing installed was appsync 3.1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

There is your problem. Cracked apps/warez talk is not allowed. Buy apps and everything usually runs normal.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

jesus you people are so closed minded. Just because someone has cracked apps doesn't mean that is the cause of the phone messing up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

blandv (2010-03-19)

Thanks

Haha, maybe it's not the problem, maybe it's just karma biting you in the azz for being a thief. Awesome

Thanks

+1 lol. A lot of the issues that have been popping up lately have been because of users of cracked apps. Be it karma or the actual problem it is not allowed to be talked about.

Regardless if it's allowed to be talked about or not, just because it gets mentioned doesn't mean the dude should get cut off from assistance trying to figure out what's wrong with his phone. Hell, maybe it is the cracked apps, who knows. But him having cracked apps is not the issue. The issue is the phone randomly crashing into Recovery mode for no apparent reason.

I mean, it's not like he asked for help syncing or updating his cracked app or anything like that. That's as bad as apple refusing to look at a phone or ipod just because it is jailbroken, even if it has hardware issues.

Thanks

Help is not being refused. This thread is still open to lend him a hand. So hopefully someone can lend him a hand if it is not the issue. My mention of cracked things would more or less be drop that program and see if you have the issue with just a plain jailbreak and work from there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

L00i3 (2010-03-19)

At the moment, that does seem like the best first step, since a restore can't be suggested due to new bootrom (no customs) & apple's stupid way of controlling installed OS (no stocks other than 3.1.3).

Honestly though, I really don't think it has anything to do with cracked apps, unless he got one that somebody injected malicious code into (is that even possible?). I would be more inclined to think hardware, or maybe the shitty jailbreak that is blackra1n as the culprit. But the only way to confirm hardware would be to restore to a stock firmware. But that would kill jailbreaking possibilities, so if it did turn out to be blackra1n, the poor guy would be stuck with a stock phone.

I would suggest thinking about buying one of them iDongle's (I think that was the name?) if you got the 40 bucks if rejailbreaking fixes it at least for a while each time.

dhamien & L00i3 thanks. Preciate the help and comments.
    On a side note I installed that because I was told it would allow the older apps I BOUGHT to work. End of topic.

Quote Originally Posted by blandv View Post
    dhamien & L00i3 thanks. Preciate the help and comments.
    On a side note I installed that because I was told it would allow the older apps I BOUGHT to work. End of topic.
    Do you have SHSH 3.1.2 saved on Cydia? If not, i don't see any real fix here such as restore the phone with Apple stocking FW 3.1.2 or custom FW (can't do that because your phone has new bootrom).
    If you have no idea SHSH is, then likely you did not have SHSH 3.1.2 saved on cydia.
    good luck

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dtsexpert For This Useful Post:

blandv (2010-03-19)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@blandv
    Try uninstalling everything from Cydia and see if it fixes the problem. To eliminate the possibility of an app causing the problem. I'm not sure if appsync permanently messes up the file it modifies though.