Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to check if shsh is on cydia

Default How to check if shsh is on cydia
    Hi Guys

I understand for a downgrade to be possible, will need shsh on cydia

May I know how to check if my shsh is on cydia?

I remembered clicking on "make my life easier"

Thank You

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The easiest way is just re-directing iTunes to Cydia's server and then trying a restore to a lower firmware.

If you want to find out without doing that, you can use the Firmware Umbrella tool. You can download it here:
    The Firmware Umbrella
    the tool is pretty self-explanatory once you start it, so you don't really need a guide to use it.

You'll need to find your ECID first though. You can search on the forum for a guide on how to do that.

if umbrella says unable to find that model / version

means "make my life easy" did not work?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yes. What I'm guessing is that you clicked the button in Cydia after Apple stopped signing the 3.1.2 firmware. They stopped signing those very early February.

oh well

just have to wait and hope for the best...

thanks n nite

Dude, I have SHSH saved on my iPod Touch 3G MC Model for 3.1.2 but i can still not downgrade to 3.1.2.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    Dude, I have SHSH saved on my iPod Touch 3G MC Model for 3.1.2 but i can still not downgrade to 3.1.2.
    You should be able to. What problems do you run into and what have you tried so far?
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Thanks
    Default question about blobs
    hey guys... i know i saved my blobs on 4.0.1 with my iphone 3g. i recently baught iphone 4 shipped with 4.0.2. i used tinyumbrella with my iphone 4 connected and i clicked display shsh a window comes up saying
    "The Following Devices/ECIDS can be restored safely:"
    now does this mean my iphone 4 can be downgraded? or should that window that comes up state i can restore : 4.0.1?
    im confused cause i know i def didnt save blobs with my iphone 4 because it came shipped with 4.0.2 and i can not jailbreak it... thanks for the help

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dt0theh View Post
    hey guys... i know i saved my blobs on 4.0.1 with my iphone 3g. i recently baught iphone 4 shipped with 4.0.2. i used tinyumbrella with my iphone 4 connected and i clicked display shsh a window comes up saying
    "The Following Devices/ECIDS can be restored safely:"
    now does this mean my iphone 4 can be downgraded? or should that window that comes up state i can restore : 4.0.1?
    im confused cause i know i def didnt save blobs with my iphone 4 because it came shipped with 4.0.2 and i can not jailbreak it... thanks for the help
    It'll list the versions you can downgrade to. If there are no numbers, you can't downgrade. This is also makes sense as the phone is brand new and you haven't been able to store any SHSH for it yet.

What you should do though, using TinyUmbrella, is ask for the 4.0.2 SHSH, and select Cydia as the source. That'll store the current and all future SHSHs for your new phone. It doesn't do you much now, but it will make you able to downgrade in the future.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

the SHSH's are device specific. only "current firmware" can have it's SHSH's stored. If your device came with 4.0.2 (and it was after the cutoff date for 4.0.1 shsh's--which is 8/19 i believe), then you can't restore to anything earlier. That window in TU should show what you can restore to.

Thanks
    thanks guys thats kinda what i was thinkin since it didnt specify which i can restore to.. i got excited tho when i saw it said i can restore lol... thanks for the help guys guess im in the wait for 4.1 boat... damnit!

and thanks for the quick response.. modmyi = best site for anything apple!
    Last edited by dt0theh; 2010-09-03 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost