Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G internet problems

Default 3G internet problems
    im on a 3gs and my 3g internet isnt working wifi is fine and works great but once im on 3g i cant seem to get a connection or something i have full signal and the 3g is at the top ive tryed reseting the network settings it worked for a while and then it would go back ive tryed going into safe mode though sbsettings and still no 3g internet im not in a dead zone cuz ive been trying it at different places ive also called AT&T and asked if anything was going on ive payed my bill text messageing and phone work just fine though so if you have any ideas i wouldnt mind knowing

Iphone 3gs version 3.1.2

I would start by calling ATT and have them re-provision your phone. If that doesnt help I would try a restore. Hopefully its not a hardware issue.

Ya I tryed that and I wanted to restore but can because i have a 3gs and would have to update anyways thanks I ended up deleteing a bounch of stuff and so far it's working

Good deal...

PS- You dont have to update to restore a 3G[s], you can use a custom 3.1.2 FW.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Good deal...

PS- You dont have to update to restore a 3G[s], you can use a custom 3.1.2 FW.
    only if it's the old iBoot 359.3 not the new 359.3.2

Same thing is happening to me. And I can't restore because I have a jailbroken 3gs

resetting network settings, and tapping 3G on/off some times helped a few people
    iPhone 4
    Firmware : iOS4
    Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
    Jailbroken using Jailbreakme

Quote Originally Posted by jajuan View Post
    Same thing is happening to me. And I can't restore because I have a jailbroken 3gs
    what firmware are you on ?

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    huh...

if you are on 3.1.2 or below use blackra1n don't matter on iboot version
    if you are on 3.1.3 you are not jailbroken unless you are on the old boot loader and used a custom firmware to upgrade, either way it will take another custom ipsw if you have the old boot rom so you can always restore
    Last edited by cadsii; 2010-03-20 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

3g internet problems can also be due to sim card issues. Pop out the sim and take a look discolration or corrosion can affect your
    connenction. You can use a pencil eraser to clean up sim in some cases.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to davesnothere11 For This Useful Post:

frogermann8 (2010-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadsii View Post
    huh...

if you are on 3.1.2 or below use blackra1n don't matter on iboot version
    if you are on 3.1.3 you are not jailbroken unless you are on the old boot loader and used a custom firmware to upgrade, either way it will take another custom ipsw if you have the old boot rom so you can always restore
    Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    i wasn't referring to jailbreaking...i was referring to using custom firmware...only the old bootrom (iBoot) phones accept custom firmware...