Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with Restoring

Default Problem with Restoring
    After having the no signal problem that is still unresolved, I heard from another member to reset the phone and try it again. Resetting from the UI of the iPhone will just put me in a rebooting loop , and if I try restoring from iTunes, the unsigned firmware error comes up. It's fine that that happens, but I can't get my iPhone out of recovery mode after, even after doing the sleep and home button sequence. It just puts me back in Recovery mode. So what I'm asking here is if anyone knows the fix to the no signal problem and/or how I could reset my phone back to factory defaults?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

More details buddy. When type of iPhone and what firmware was it originally on b4 restore.

Oh nvm I'm guessing u have a 3gs. Sry dude. As of right now u cannot do anything. To get it out of the recovery mode borrow a friends AT&T sim and plug it in. But u can't jail reak or unlock it

iPhone 3G 8GB 3.1.2

Thanks

Never then
    to jailbreak use redsn0w.

But when it asks you to browse firmware. Point it to a 3.1.2 ipsw
    Last edited by battlecrushr; 2010-03-14 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did that, when it gets into the UI after I jailbroke it, there's no service bars on the top left.

Thanks

Well since u upgrade to 3.1.3. It updates ur baseband so u cannot unlock. If u have an unlegit iPhone sim like tmobile. It won't work

I didn't upgrade to 3.1.3

The thread just meant I wanted to reset my 3.1.2 firmware back to factory defaults.

Thanks

Oh ok. Gotcha. Right now I need to tell me if u have a blackea1n app on homescreen if u don't go to blackweather and run it on it iPhone then ull get the blackrain app open it and install cydia for jailbreak and blacksn0w for unlock

yea I have Blackra1n app. I'll try to put on blacksn0w see if that works

Thanks

Ya do that

Put on Blackra1n and then installed Blacksn0w, no luck. Still no service. I think the problem is that I didn't activate the phone through iTunes. I can't afford the $30 data package, which is why I had tried blackra1n. I do have a $10 unlimited plan to be used for my mythic, and it worked fine on my old iPhone 2G (no longer have it). Anyway around this?