Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 iPhones, 1 iTunes

Default 2 iPhones, 1 iTunes
    Hey all, sorry if this is in the wrong spot but I have a question and it is related to jailbreaking.

I've jailbroke my iPhone, sync'd & backed up before hand with itunes on my laptop.

But now I've creaated a monster... the girlfriend wants her iPhone done now too...

Can I use the same laptop, same iTunes without screwing up MY phone's files that I backedup before Jailbreaking my phone?

anything I should watch out for by using 1 iTunes for 2 iPhones?

I've never plugged her phone into my laptop... this is why I ask here.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Create a new user/profile on your computer. It's like starting from scratch. Wife and I have iPhones and iPods so it keeps the drama at bay

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mj0528 For This Useful Post:

vegasj (2010-03-13)

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

My wife and I share the same iTunes account and I've had no issues of any kind in syncing etc ....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to davesnothere11 For This Useful Post:

vegasj (2010-03-13)

thanks guys.

I plugged hers in and did the backup before jailbreaking. She's good to go now.

Where in Windows does iTunes keep the backups? I just want to check that there's hers & mine, not just 1.

The easiest thing to do would have been to create a separate log in on your computer for her. Or use her computer.

You could have also created a new iTunes library for her, then just hold the shift key while launching iTunes, and it pops up with a dialogue asking which library you want to load.

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    The easiest thing to do would have been to create a separate log in on your computer for her. Or use her computer.

You could have also created a new iTunes library for her, then just hold the shift key while launching iTunes, and it pops up with a dialogue asking which library you want to load.
    can't set her up as a user on this pc. Its my laptop I use for work and right now our only pc.

anyone know where itunes stores the backups it makes so I can just check before continuing?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I use 4 iPhones ( Mums, Dads, Mine and My Sisters ) and 2 iTouch's all on the one iTunes, one computer login, one iTunes account and I have never had any issues..

Thanks

There is no need to set them up as another user on the computer. iTunes keeps each device separate. I have a total of 6 devices sharing the same login / library without issue.

She and I have different logins/accounts.

when I plugged her phone in it never asked for her account info.

Did iTunes just back her device up thinking it was on my account or?

Thanks

Did her device show up as "her name's" iPhone or whatever in iTunes? It should have then you're ok. If hers and yours show up with the same device name you may have issues but I doubt it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to davesnothere11 For This Useful Post:

vegasj (2010-03-14)

yea, showed up with "hername's iPhone", mine has "myname's iPhone"

...so as long as iTune knows they're separate devices I can plug hers in and sync the same apps & library, then plug mine in to sync different music and apps, right?

noob to all this, sorry if the questions are dumb.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure since you two are using seperate app store/iTunes accts you'll want to login the right user acct to avoid losing paid apps/music.

You can jailbreak using any computer....but not backup/sync, the phone can only by synced with 1 PC at a time.