Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I lose apple wins

Default I lose apple wins
    I had a jailbroken 3g with my shsh on file with saurik. I broke that phone and had to wait 4 days to upgrade my line with 3Gs... Yes... 4 days without my phone I went nuts. Anyway, I got my 3Gs (which has the new bootrom), jailbroke it and was a little bothered with the tethered JB but was still none the less grateful it was still possible. I was cleaning up my phone deleting a few things off of it (apps and file mods) when suddenly I got threw into recovery mode loop. Argh! It didn't bother me too much because I knew (or thought anyway) my shsh was on file. I did a restore and went to downgrade back to 3.1.2... Tried once, got non compatible message... Thought maybe I didn't edit hosts right so double checked (was not in read only so I switched it back), tried downgrade again with no luck. Then I thought for a minute... ... ... My shsh was on file for my 3G not 3Gs!!!! Crap!!! Well I've gotten over the fact there is nothing I can do but now my status bar says Joe for carrier (that's no problem), but for my banner I had my RAM:date:time which when I restored and did backup changed to "Joe" as well... This is a little annoying, I have to go to lockscreen to look at the time, is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

nice title
    but just go to cyudia nad download makeitmine and clear the space and put banner

Thanks

How did you get your shsh on file for a 3g?

My 3Gs is not jailbroken I now have 3.1.3 with no shsh on file. So I'm screwed. No JB no cydia no make it mine. But still carrier and banner is customized and I'm trying to figure out how to change them back to normal.

Thanks

But you said you used to have a jailboken 3g and you had your shsh on file for it. How?

Through Cydia make my life easier section. Unless that wasn't what I did...

Thanks

The reason I ask is the make my life easier button only shows if you have a 3gs. I think.

Maybe I didn't then I'm not sure... Maybe it was privacy that I'm thinking of. Anyway i still have this banner/carrier issue.

Thanks

Since your alredy stuck on 3.1.3 and new bootrom you might as well do a complete restore.

I was trying to get around that wasn't sure if there was anything I can do

Thanks

Just so I have this right, you already restored and you now have 5.12?

Yes that is correct. I did a restore then loaded my backup which turned banner and carrier back to custom.

I guess my only option is to do fresh restore, sync photos, songs and contacts?

Thanks

that is correct..at this point that is your only option