Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help, Never seen this Happen?

Default Please Help, Never seen this Happen?
    Hello all, I know I can count on you guys here but I think I may be in trouble.

I was out last night and went to look at my phone and the screen looked like a bunch on straight lines vertically.

I turned it off and back on and now I have a pure white screen, I had a friend call it and I was able to answer it by guessing where the answer call button was.

I'm on At&t and everything has been fine with my Jailbreak for weeks since the first Jailbreak for 3.1

Here is my question, I want to restore my phone and re-jailbreak it but it wants to automatically update the phone in itunes with the new firmware and carrier settings.

Not sure what to do and need your assistance, I am without my phone and use it for business...

Any help would be appreciated, and remember I cant see anything on my screen except a blank white backlight!

Thanks,

Pete

Use a custom 3.1 and use that to restore your phone. And you can accept the carrier settings, they won't hurt your jailbreak.

Hopefully your screen isn't screwed

3. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

gondeep11 (2009-10-18)

Man thanks! Keep our fingers crossed!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And do not restore from backup, start as a new phone.

Ok doing this now but if I start as new phone, will I still be able to sync my contacts and other games, software etc?

Pete

Ok got my answer but sill no help, the screen is Burn... Just plain white! GRrrrrrrr!
    Last edited by gondeep11; 2009-10-18 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost