Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem updating iPhone 3G S to firmware 3.1.2

Thanks

Unhappy Problem updating iPhone 3G S to firmware 3.1.2
    Ok, I have an iPhone 3G S with OS 3.0 which I have jailbroken. Now, Im trying to update the firmware to 3.1.2 using itunes so I can later jailbreak it with blackra1n. But I just cant get the update in. Here is a snapshot of my issue:

I tried deleting the firmware and downloading it again. I dont know why this is happening, since I updated my sister's iphone 2g to 3.1.2 without any issues. Can somebody please help???
    Jailbreak FTW!!!!

Did you just click update, or did you do a shift+update or shift+restore?

Thanks

I just clicked update and it goes through normally except right before doing the actual update. Thats when the error message comes... Although I also tried shift+restore, but it does the same thing
    Jailbreak FTW!!!!

Very strange...

Want a custom 3.1.2 with the pwnapple boot logo & steve jobs cussing in russian recovery mode screen? It is made for official carriers and phones that have been jailbroken before.

This is me vouching for it. I made it myself with Windowa in a virtual machine running Mac OS X Leopard & PwnageTool 3.1.4. I just (within the last hour) restored to it twice (because I did my restore steps out of order the first time) and it has hooked me up nicely. Let me know, I can upload it to megaupload tonight if you want it.

Thanks

Sure, I could give it a try... But if someone else knows how to fix this, any other suggestions are appreciated...

Hey I was able to update this time, idk but it worked... I already jailbroke it with blackra1n so... I guess this is not a problem anymore... thanks for your help though... mods can close this now.. unless someone might come up with his issue later on....
    Last edited by HVG; 2009-10-18 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Jailbreak FTW!!!!

alrite then...upload canceled...

Glad you got it working...that is still strange though that it told you you were not eligible for an upgrade.

Thanks

I know, and I tried the suggested solutions by Apple (just in case) but no good results, I even restarted my pc, but somehow it worked now. Thanks anyway...
    Jailbreak FTW!!!!