Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1.2 SSH problem

Default 3.1.2 SSH problem
    So I downloaded the PAID Nes 3 emulator because version 2.3.4 wouldn't work with my firmware.

I have placed the .nes files in the correct directory of private/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES

unlike the original nes I had. This nes 3 is opening and staying open. But after I unzipped the .nes file and dragged it to tencorrect directory, restarted my phone, came back and there are no games in the nes 3 emulator. I was pretty sure I've followed all the directions i've found to the t.

I'm not sure, but I don't think you are supposed to unzip the roms? I think the emulator handles all that internally. Not positive though, but give it a shot.

I think I tried to drag the .nes file from the unzipped file into the correct /var directory and it gave me the classic no-smoking cancel sign, I think. I'll have to try it when I get back to my computer. I was just wondering if this was human error or if the app I just paid 5.99 for was Really
    meant for the 3.0 firmware and not 3.1.2

also, there is a spot on the nes app where you can click settings and it says

Load rom from URL

and it prompts you to put in a URL link. What link could you put in there?

Definitely won't let me drag unless first unzipped
    Last edited by Hunter3gs; 2009-10-18 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter3gs View Post
    I have placed the .nes files in the correct directory of private/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES
    Try this folder instead, as prescribed by the app creator
    ROM images go in /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES
    NES v3: The Nintendo Emulator for iPhoneOS 3.0

Ok I thought of that but I didn't know how to do it

because the main /root that opens up doesnt have /var

It only has /private/var

and when I click on /var from the root it automaticaly prefaces it with /private/var

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter3gs View Post
    Ok I thought of that but I didn't know how to do it

because the main /root that opens up doesnt have /var

It only has /private/var

and when I click on /var from the root it automaticaly prefaces it with /private/var
    If you are going to use WinSCP for this, then do this

login to your phone, you should see this screen

Double click the top folder in the right pane (with the up arrow on it) to go up one directory level. That will bring you here

Go into the \mobile folder circled (same screen). Within there, you should find the path to \Media\ROMs\NES

Or, if you use iPhoneBrowser, you can just expand the folders in order var -> mobile -> Media and you should find ROMs -> NES

Hope this helps

7. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

Hunter3gs (2009-10-20)

Dude youre a genius as always, totally worked.

THANKS!

Awesome man, glad you got it. I sure hope you are playing some Contra, Tecmo Bowl, Super Mario Bros. & Excite Bike