Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Advice, Have 2.0.2 jailbroken But Want Update To 3.1.2 Help Please

Default Need Advice, Have 2.0.2 jailbroken But Want Update To 3.1.2 Help Please
    Hello,

Ok...its been awhile since I have been here so if I say a certain term or etc that is old or out-dated please understand.

The phone I have is already jailbroken and the specs are:

3G Iphone
    2.0.2 Version (5C1)
    Using a TurboSim on Tmobile

I have wanted to update the phone but for a year now my son has been in and out of the hospital. He is starting to do better and thought I would take the time to try and catch up to the rest of my fellow iphone users.

My problem...there is so much info out there and I dont know which tuts to follow. Is there anything I need to know before I do this? Will I lose anything...meaning, will I lose contacts, photos, apps and etc. If yes, is there a way to back this all up.

I know alot of people hate when people just come in here asking for help without doing their own homework....but I have searched all over and I cannot find the answers to my concerns. Please if you can take the time to help me out.

Thanks in advance,
    Jon

Why is no one willing to try and help me on this? I was and still a big supporter of this site and click on lots of the ads here and thought this forum to be one of the best for good solid info and expert help.

I understand that alot of people dont like newbies coming here and asking for help without doing their own research...but this is not the case with me. back about in 2008 when the whole jailbreak thing was new....I did my own searching and reading tuts, there was alot of info out there but now there is a huge amount.

And I have read alot of the new tuts but still they are confusing...do this if you have 2.1....dont do that if you have 3.x...use yellowsnow for this but use redsnow if you have this....it is a bit overwhelming.

Its not like I just came here and asked for the answer...I spent weeks reading alot of tuts and videos before coming here for help.

Please if someone can just take the time to help get me started. I noticed I forgot to mention that I am using a PC to do all this and I forgot to ask...I know I asked about upgrading to the newest FW but from what I remember with Cydia not all apps will run...so in your opinion what version would be the all around best to upgrade to?

Thanks,

Jon