Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 3.0.1 to 3.1.2 help retaining forever JB and Unlock

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMrBrett's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 3GS 3.0.1 to 3.1.2 help retaining forever JB and Unlock
    I need some help confirming what I'm about to do to my phone. I have many different variables and I have done a lot of research. I'll tell you what I have and what I think I should do but please correct me if I'm wrong...

I have an iPhone 3GS 3.0.1 that is redsn0wed and can be unlock i just have no reason too.

Windows Vista

Hit "Make my life easier" for 3.1 NOT 3.0

I want to make sure I can always jailbreak my phone. I have not done a full restore through iTunes though after i hit make my life easier. so i dont know if i can restore later on down the road yet, plus i dont know what i would be restoring too (ill bring this up soon)

i think since i didnt make if for the ECID for 3.0 im going to have to restore sometime to 3.1.x im just afraid though but it might actually be the answer.

now i dont want to blackra1n because i want to preserve unlock in case i want to some day.

i do have a friend that has a mac i should be able to use. so because there is no Win version of the PwnageTool i started doing research on that. what im assuming i can do is go bring a flash drive to his house with Pwnagetool and my iphone. i can Pwn it (which im not sure what it "really does") i think what that means it will spit out a custom 3.1.2 FW that is Jailbroken for my phone so i could save that .ispw to my flash bring it home to my itunes on Windows and shoot it to point to sauriks server and then restore to the custom ispw?

i feel that is the answer to always be able to have a jailbroken phone other than sitting at 3.0.1 with no signatures saved for that FW version

thank you for helping me

Quote Originally Posted by bdcarp0 View Post
    I need some help confirming what I'm about to do to my phone. I have many different variables and I have done a lot of research. I'll tell you what I have and what I think I should do but please correct me if I'm wrong...

I have an iPhone 3GS 3.0.1 that is redsn0wed and can be unlock i just have no reason too.

Windows Vista

Hit "Make my life easier" for 3.1 NOT 3.0

I want to make sure I can always jailbreak my phone. I have not done a full restore through iTunes though after i hit make my life easier. so i dont know if i can restore later on down the road yet, plus i dont know what i would be restoring too (ill bring this up soon)

i think since i didnt make if for the ECID for 3.0 im going to have to restore sometime to 3.1.x im just afraid though but it might actually be the answer.

now i dont want to blackra1n because i want to preserve unlock in case i want to some day.

i do have a friend that has a mac i should be able to use. so because there is no Win version of the PwnageTool i started doing research on that. what im assuming i can do is go bring a flash drive to his house with Pwnagetool and my iphone. i can Pwn it (which im not sure what it "really does") i think what that means it will spit out a custom 3.1.2 FW that is Jailbroken for my phone so i could save that .ispw to my flash bring it home to my itunes on Windows and shoot it to point to sauriks server and then restore to the custom ispw?

i feel that is the answer to always be able to have a jailbroken phone other than sitting at 3.0.1 with no signatures saved for that FW version

thank you for helping me
    Restore to a custom 3.1.2 firmware. Do NOT restore to the apple firmware via itunes. The custom firmware will preserve your baseband at 04.26.08 (which is unlockable). If u update to 3.1.2 via apple, it will lock your baseband at 05.11.xx (which is not unlockable).........So just make sure u get a good custom firmware, and u should be good to go.