Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with jailbroken iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 w/ 04.26.08 baseband

Default Problems with jailbroken iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 w/ 04.26.08 baseband
    I have an iPhone 3GS that I had firmware 3.0.1 on, with baseband 04.26.08. I made a custom ipsw using PwnageTool 3.1.4, and used iTunes to upgrade to 3.1.2, leaving the baseband at 04.26.08. The phone is now working, but there are some problems. My carrier logo (which is AT&T) is gone, and when I go into about, it has "Not Available" listed under Network. I can still make calls and data, but my phone seems kind of unreliable when receiving calls. Is this a known issue when using a current firmware with an older baseband? Will using yellowsnow or something similar to unlock help? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This is a known issue with 3.1 and 3.1.2. Just use makeitmine to write a custom text string up there or winterboard to put a theme on it.

Well it's more the unreliability I'm worried about than the carrier logo... It could just be that I had bad reception, but has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The part of the phone that affects reception is the baseband. If you had decent reception before... and bad reception now... the one thing that controls it is exactly the same. Test for a few days and in different areas. If that doesn't help then DFU restore back to a custom 3.0 ipsw.

Well now it seems some of my outgoing text messages are being dropped, even though the phone says they are being sent. Any ideas? It seems like maybe the firmware is having trouble talking with the baseband or something. Is this possible?

Nah its not the basebands problem, its most likely week signal in areas or possible heavy traffic on the network. No carrier name and No carrier available are known flaws with 3.1 and 3.1.2, but they dont affect the way the phone works at all. I'm using mine on 3.1.2 @ 04.26.08 and i havent had a problem with anything dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomSnake View Post
    Well it's more the unreliability I'm worried about than the carrier logo... It could just be that I had bad reception, but has anyone else had this problem?
    Have to try to reset the network settings?

Quote Originally Posted by alvink83 View Post
    Have to try to reset the network settings?
    How would I go about doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by VenomSnake View Post
    How would I go about doing that?
    Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings
    Resetting doesn't help getting the network name back on my 3GS 3.1.2 / 04.26.08

I can confirm the problems are not entirely cosmetic, some calls of mine are going direct to Voicemail, same place as I was in before the upgrade.

Have u "tried" restoring to another custom 3.1.2 firmware (instead of the one ur currently using). Very well possible there is a minor flaw in the one you have. IF it works with another one, then u know where ur problem lies. My 3gs is working perfect on my custom 3.1.2 firmware and plenty of others are also up and running on theirs. my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Kris404 View Post
    Resetting doesn't help getting the network name back on my 3GS 3.1.2 / 04.26.08

I can confirm the problems are not entirely cosmetic, some calls of mine are going direct to Voicemail, same place as I was in before the upgrade.
    He just asked how to do it. I never had the issue of no carrier logo (as far as I know since I use a custom logo), and it has always said AT&T at Settings -> General -> About -> Network, except for the first time I downgraded back to 3.0 and the OS & baseband wouldn't play nice together.

But if resetting the network settings doesn't work, then I think l0k0 has the best suggestion.

Guys, I just tried a custom 3.1.2 to upgrade from 3.0.1 and bb 4.28 but when I was done I don't have bars (no wireless connection). I'm thinking I need another custom 3.1.2, right? Could you please point me where I could get one that is working? I'm with AT&T. Thank you for your help