Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to find out the bootrom version?

thanks damien,

is it possible to downgrade it? i read it somewhere downgrading of old bootroms is possible. if yes, pls tell me how?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rishikesh View Post
    thanks damien,

is it possible to downgrade it? i read it somewhere downgrading of old bootroms is possible. if yes, pls tell me how?
    Actually, downgrading is possible with both old and new bootrom, but you need to have your SHSH files for 3.1.2 (or lower) stored.

Cydia has a nice tool for this but you need to ask it to save them. So the question is, did you click the 'Make my life easier' in Cydia at any point? And did you do it while 3.1.2 was still being signed (they stopped very early February)?

If you did ever click it, there would have been a little text at the top of the Cydia screen that said something along the lines of "SHSHs stored for this device: 3.1.2, 3.1.3

i have followed the instructions as i have a 3GS and it comes up with iboot-359.3 .the phone is on 3.1 and i want to upgrade to 3.1.2 but it will have to be custom firmware. can i do it? please help?

Thanks

as long as u are already jailbroken then yes u can restore to a custom 3.1.2 firmware

j3st3r3, I have a jailbroken 3GS (old bootrom) running 3.1.2, can I safely restore that and rejailbreak it? I've been having problems with it recently.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rycall View Post
    j3st3r3, I have a jailbroken 3GS (old bootrom) running 3.1.2, can I safely restore that and rejailbreak it? I've been having problems with it recently.
    Yes, you can install a custom 3.1.2 firmware. You won't need to jailbreak again afterwards as a custom firmware is just a regular firmware that is pre-jailbroken and doesn't update the baseband.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default cant get out of DFU mode
    Ok this is a 3g s iphone and cant get it out of DFU mode, any ideas?

Default It Works - I Think I Found iBoot Version
    This was all very new for me, so I had trepidations I would turn my ipt3G MC 8GB ver 3.1.2 into a brick. After a couple of tries I think I found the iBoot version to be 240.5.1 This is listed at the end of two lines under the general category iserial number.

Since this number looks much older than some of the newer numbers I'm not sure if it equates to tethered or untethered JB. In other words the format with two decimal points like 359.3.2 seems to indicate tethered. However the sw version age based on the 240 portion I'm hoping might mean untethered. Anyone know if tethered or not?

Thanks

the iBoot (bootrom) can't be determined from the "general" category in the phone...re-read from the top and you will find instructions there on how to determine the iBoot version...it has to be done from DFU mode

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robandjeanne View Post
    This was all very new for me, so I had trepidations I would turn my ipt3G MC 8GB ver 3.1.2 into a brick. After a couple of tries I think I found the iBoot version to be 240.5.1 This is listed at the end of two lines under the general category iserial number.

Since this number looks much older than some of the newer numbers I'm not sure if it equates to tethered or untethered JB. In other words the format with two decimal points like 359.3.2 seems to indicate tethered. However the sw version age based on the 240 portion I'm hoping might mean untethered. Anyone know if tethered or not?
    You actually have an ipt2g. There's no ipt3g 8gbs. It'll be a tethered jailbreak.

there is no such thing as a ipod touch 3g 8gb, never made

3g hardware is faster then what the new itouch 8gb has( 2g MC )

there is 3 version of the 8GB

1G
    2G
    2GMC

not 3G because 3G has faster hardware like the 3gs iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Robandjeanne View Post

bootroms dont matter for ipod touches

if you have a 8GB iPod touch

1g is jailbreakable
    2g is jailbreakable
    2gmc is jailbreakable

only difference is if its the 2G MC the newest model of the 8GB iPod Touch then it will be tethered.

ALL VERSION OF 8GB IPOD TOUCH ARE JAILBREAKABLE even if you updated to 3.1.3 just with the 2gmc you have to drop it to 3.1.2 which is not hard and can be done on EVERY 2GMC model
    Last edited by cadsii; 2010-03-28 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i got into DFU mode to check for the iBoot but, well now im stuck with the DFU mode. I tryed everything I could to get it out from it, no success.

3gs 16gb 3.1.2 fw and 359.3.2 iBoot version.

please help me

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mosca View Post
    i got into DFU mode to check for the iBoot but, well now im stuck with the DFU mode. I tryed everything I could to get it out from it, no success.

3gs 16gb 3.1.2 fw and 359.3.2 iBoot version.

please help me
    Hold down both power and sleep button until you see the Apple logo then let go of both buttons immediately. Wait a second and then power on the phone normally.

Same as Toru_MSB, found it a bit tricky but just wanted to point out that my DFU mode doesn't have anything at all appear on the screen.

The only reason I know the phone is turned on in DFU mode is because of USBView.exe and that Windows had to install new device drivers for the phone to start in that mode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am running 3.1.3 with bootrom 359.3

I remember before when I was jailbroken on 3.1 that I clicked on the "Make my life easier" on Cydia and did that who SSH thingy. Forgive me... but I am a newbie. I went to update to 3.1.2 and followed the steps to jailbreak 3.1.2 after trying for a few hours with no luck I looked in my settings and realized that I updated to 3.1.3.

I had no clue that Apple was at 3.1.3

What can I do now? Can I Jailbreak again? Is there a Jailbreak for 3.1.3 on bootrom 359.3 that was SSHed via Cydia when Jailbroken on 3.1.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cortizlora View Post
    I am running 3.1.3 with bootrom 359.3

I remember before when I was jailbroken on 3.1 that I clicked on the "Make my life easier" on Cydia and did that who SSH thingy. Forgive me... but I am a newbie. I went to update to 3.1.2 and followed the steps to jailbreak 3.1.2 after trying for a few hours with no luck I looked in my settings and realized that I updated to 3.1.3.

I had no clue that Apple was at 3.1.3

What can I do now? Can I Jailbreak again? Is there a Jailbreak for 3.1.3 on bootrom 359.3 that was SSHed via Cydia when Jailbroken on 3.1.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Read this then you'll know all you need: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

guys i found my bootrom version is 359.3.2 first question thats the new or old?
    2nd question can i jailbreak it with snowbreeze at v3.1.3?
    plz reply
    thx

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superkiro View Post
    guys i found my bootrom version is 359.3.2 first question thats the new or old?
    2nd question can i jailbreak it with snowbreeze at v3.1.3?
    plz reply
    thx
    It's the new bootrom so you can't use custom firmwares. No pwnagetool/sn0wbreeze for you.

Thanks

That's the new bootrom. You can use spirit to jailbreak

How do you find the iboot version on a Mac?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast