Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What am i doing wrong, IPHONE LOCKED UP

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Here is a link that I always use for firmware files. Always clean and never a problem. You may just want to save it to your favorites.

Ok the download failed so im re-downloading it, give me a minute

Thanks

Failed? you may want to try a different machine, that may be your problem.

That is a good link thanks..1 more minute on download..so once its done i save the file in my iphone folder and the shift+restore and click on the OS right?

The reason it failed is cause firefox crashed cause i just downloaded that to! My computer is good..
    Last edited by black diamond; 2009-10-15 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I always save to my desktop, easier.
    And yes hold shift and click restore and point to that file.

Ok well i got the OS downgraded to the 3.0.1 and it still gave me the ERROR "23"

IDK

Thanks

Put the phone in DFU mode and try again

I can only put it in recovery mode..DFU i have tried and cant seem to doit i have followed all the steps..i will try again though.

NICK

Thanks

unfortunately, error 23 is bad medicine for sure. It is a baseband error. Just keep trying and perhaps different USB ports and cords too.

DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative method.
    Step 1. While the device is on, hold down the Sleep / Wake and Home buttons for exactly 10 seconds, the device will restart.
    Step 2. Release the Sleep / Wake button, but keep holding down the Home button for another 10 seconds.
    Step 3. Release the Home button.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-10-15 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have tried four different ports and 2 cords..and still error'23'..sucks there isnt a way to fix it is there??

blackdiamond

I thought that the recovery mode was DFU..is it
    Last edited by black diamond; 2009-10-15 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Recovery mode - A special mode in the device allowing firmware restoration; in this mode, the screen of the device shows a graphic
    DFU mode - A special mode in the device that bypasses the loading of the operating system for recovery purposes; in this mode, the screen of the device is blank

I just don't know what to tell ya to be honest, error 23 is bad indeed. I have read that sometime if you take the phone back down to 2.2.1 or even 2.0 if it will let you it may correct the baseband error. You could try for sure can't hurt. You can get the firmware from the same link I gave you.

DFU mode is a black screen on your phone, but recognized in itunes as a phone in recovery mode.

Got speakers?
    Easiest way to get DFU mode.
    1. Hold sleep & home buttons until you hear the "usb disconnect" sound windows makes
    2. release sleep and hold home until Windows makes the "usb connected" sound.
    3. release button, screen should stay black, and itunes should recognize a phone in recovery mode.

Well i went down all the way to 1.0 and that still did nothing for me, it still gave me error message 23..I guess i should just throw it in the trash..I cant do anything with it..

Thanks

Big guns are a coming.........................cpjr to the rescue

Thanks

you'll see, hang in there for a while.

Aight....try this. Follow these steps EXACTLY.

First, you'll need to download RedSnow if you dont already have it. Here: RedSn0w

Now, Run RedSn0w and follow the steps like you were using it to jailbreak your phone. When you get done configuring everything and it ACTUALLY STARTS the iphone's screen will go COMPLETELY WHITE. AS SOON AS THIS HAPPENS KILL/CLOSE RedSn0w.

If done properly, it will leave your iphone with a completely WHITE screen.

Now, go back to itunes and shift-restore using a custom 3.1 FW file.

I'm still here, i hope he or it can fix it..

blackdiamond

Bump, instructions above you.

OK i downloaded redsn0w and when i go to browse for the ipsw i find the 3.0.1 like i wanted but it keeps saying that the selected IPSW is unable to recognize??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast