I've been very busy lately and haven't had the chance to update or even keep up with the new firmwares. I know 3.1.2 fixes coma mode for 3.1 so my questions are for 3.1.2 on 3G. I rely on ultrasn0w for my unlock and am on 3.0 right now.
1. If I preserved my baseband will that cause problems with 3.1.2? I know 3.0 baseband is a mismatch and won't work with fw 2.x. Is it the same case with 3.1.2 with the 4.26.xx baseband?

2. I only have Windows. Blackra1n I've heard works for Windows to jailbreak 3G on 3.1.2, in regard to number 1 can I still unlock with ultrasn0w after a blackra1n jailbreak?

3. Are there any custom ipsw available online to download for 3.1.2 to preserve my baseband right now (I now links cannot be posted I just need a yes or no)?

I have bootloader 5.08 so I can downgrade my baseband anytime, so I'm not scared, but can anyone confirm anything like will blackra1n brick my phone or whatever that won't allow me to run fuzzyband? Somebody said his phone won't go past iTunes+plug because blackra1n won't finish the process. Has anyone encountered that or is he just doing something wrong? I've jailbroken with redsn0w many times but blackra1n is new and makes me paranoid lol. Any help is welcomed. Thanks in advance.