Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trading 3G 3.1.2 for 3G 3.0 today--question...

Default Trading 3G 3.1.2 for 3G 3.0 today--question...
    I am trading my one week old replacement phone that has now locked me out of T-Mobile to a guy on craigslist that has a 3G, OS 3.0, baseband 4.28. I'm giving him $150 as well.

Is this a good deal? His phone is jailbroken/unlocked and he uses T-Mobile now. He is going to ATT and getting a 3GS (reason he says for the trade)

Questions:

What should I look out for? I know the icons can be faked that shows T-Mobile. I'll pop the sim to be sure.

Is there a way to tell if it has water damage? He says the warranty is until May 2010.

If I get it, how do I go to 3.1 firmware without losing the ability to stay unlocked? I do want to update.

What will happen when I try to put all my apps on this phone via iTunes? Can I restore from back up of my current phone?

Thanks for the help---don't want to get ripped off here!

well ive bought multiple iphones from craigslist.. one of the reasons y i decided to go to att and buy it straight from there..

test every part of the screen. (bought one where the top 1/4 didnt work, stupid me, i only slid the unlock button and accepted it)

cracks. headphones. volume, sleep, and vibrate buttons..

all i can really think of

OK, got the phone. It's 3.0 already unlocked. How do I get all my stuff back? I can restore from the backup today but I'm afraid the restore will take away my jailbreak/unlock and update my firmware. Is that correct?
    Last edited by stevehookem; 2009-10-15 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost