Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 32g 3Gs bricked after JB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 32g 3Gs bricked after JB.
    The actual installation went fine. Installed blackra1n, then Cydia. Updated Cydia. Then DLed Winterboard. Was installing or DLing then phone restarted. It hung on the restart for a minute so I reset it using Home+Power buttons. Now it won't start up. It shows Apple logo, hangs for 30 secs, then turns off.

Any way to undo this?

Edit: Never mind found solution.
    Last edited by sorrowfool; 2009-10-14 at 09:12 PM.

Sorrowfool what was the resolution? I'm having the same problem. Please respond back asap for fix!

Please sorrow!!! I need to know the fix!

Thanks,
    Ice
    Last edited by Ice0004; 2009-10-15 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry, I don't remember exactly where the thread I read is. Basically, you have to go into DFU mode. Do this by plugging phone into computer. Then, while it is off, hold the Home+Power buttons until the Apple logo pops up, then release the power button, but continue pressing the Home button. Eventually, it should bring up the picture of the USB cord pointing at the iTunes symbol. Listen on the computer for the sounds of a USB device being discovered. I had to try it a few times, but it worked after the 3rd or 4th attempt. Then, I had to restore my iPhone.

Same thing happened to me with Winterboard..had to go into DFU and restore and re-JB.

Trying to re-jailbreak, but it keeps hanging at "preparing iphone for restore"

Very annoyed right now.