Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.1.2 for the first time?

Thanks

Default Jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.1.2 for the first time?
    I have a friend who wants me to jailbreak his iPhone 3G for the first time ever. I am going to use blackbra1n.
    What does he need to do before I jailbreak his iPhone?
    and Will everything be deleted?
    1 more thing, do i need to downgrade to 3.0 and then restore to 3.1.2 before i jailbreak it? or no?
    any help would be appreciated.
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

just jailbreak it. data on the phone is not affected. But since it's a 3G, you may have to run blackra1n over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, etc to get the jailbreak to take. It is a known issue. If it hangs, just close blackra1n, and try again...and again...until you get it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

soto806 (2009-10-16)

Make sure u have current version of iTunes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to khb For This Useful Post:

soto806 (2009-10-16)

Get it?

I'm still trying to get blackra1n to work...... Second day of trying. IS there an alternative method? I've tried the one where you put phone in dfu then shift/restore then select a custom 3.1.2 firmware, but I get an error message. I tried a diff firmware but it didn't seem to work. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. UGH! ALso, when I find firmware, how do I know it's the one I need?

Quote Originally Posted by Brigette View Post
    I'm still trying to get blackra1n to work...... Second day of trying. IS there an alternative method? I've tried the one where you put phone in dfu then shift/restore then select a custom 3.1.2 firmware, but I get an error message. I tried a diff firmware but it didn't seem to work. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. UGH! ALso, when I find firmware, how do I know it's the one I need?
    There should be no reason to put your phone into any kind of "mode" other than "plugged into the computer and iTunes running" mode if you are using a custom firmware with Windows. Just Shift+Restore, select your custom firmware, and let it install. I seem to remember seeing somewhere that will even work on a Mac with custom 3.1.2 (or maybe I'm just tired and imagining stuff)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    just jailbreak it. data on the phone is not affected. But since it's a 3G, you may have to run blackra1n over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, etc to get the jailbreak to take. It is a known issue. If it hangs, just close blackra1n, and try again...and again...until you get it.
    Thanks for the advice,when i did jailbreak it i had to run blackra1n about 6 or 7 times, but we got it
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

Does anyone know if/when there will be a windows of PwnageTool cause ive tried blackra1n and its not working

Keep trying Blackra1n. Any chance you can try on another computer? I tried for three days, on three difference PCs without success. I tried on my laptop PC a few minutes ago and it worked!

I know how frustrating it is. Good luck.

eline sağlık sağol