Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok, ok... I'm gonna use blackra1n, I have a questions though, HELP!!!

Default Ok, ok... I'm gonna use blackra1n, I have a questions though, HELP!!!
    Alright guys, pro's... I need your help. Before you can help, you need to know my story.

Before I knew anything about unlocking, basebands, jailbreaks... I activated a brand new iPhone 3Gs on ATT, hoping that I would be able to unlock it, and put it on T-Mobile. Unfortunately, when I came home I was up for a incredibly rude awakening. I have an iPhone 3Gs, with 3.1 preinstalled out the box, and baseband 05.11.07. Basically, the worst FRICKIN combination known to man.

I just read on the dev teams blog, that its important to keep up with Jailbreaks, cause if you don't you may not be able to do it in the future. That being said, I also read on their page that if I do jailbreak, I will not be able to unlock for a very long time. SINCE I'm already on 3.1 with a baseband of 05.11.07, does this warning matter to me? I mean I already know I'm in deep sh!t. But is it going to get any worst if I jailbreak?

I don't want the unlock to become available one day, and when it does, obviously you'll need to have your device jailbroken... and with my luck, I will no longer be able to jailbreak.

SHOULD I JAILBREAK NOW?

Thanks for reading,
    Ice

Anyone?
    Last edited by Ice0004; 2009-10-14 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

All those warnings from the Dev Team do now apply to you since you're already on the 5.11 baseband. Jailbreak with blackra1n and then install Cydia. When you open Cydia press the "make my life easy" button and it will save your ECID to saurik's server which will allow you to restore to an older firmware if you'd like to when a new one is released. You will have to sit tight for an unlock.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Ice0004 (2009-10-14)

Great, thank you so much. Is it ok if I jailbreak using the pwnage tool instead? I don't have a windows computer.