Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just Downloaded blackra1n..have some questions

Default Just Downloaded blackra1n..have some questions
    So i just jb my 2g iphone with blackra1n, my question is if,when or how can i unlock it? And if im not able to unlock it right now then does anyone know when it shall become available?

Thanks

BlackDiamond
    Last edited by black diamond; 2009-10-14 at 05:52 AM.

The iPhone 2G can be unlocked using BootNeuter, which you can install from Cydia installer. Check my guide here.

Cheers~~~

Ok so all i have to do is install that bootneuter and my problem is solved..?

LMK

thanks blackdiamond

ok you`ll need to downgrade your baseband, cinse 5.11.07 cant be unlocked yet. so you need to downgrade to 04.26.08. there`s different ways to do this. so do your homework search and research. once you have downgraded; use ultrasn0w to unlock.

yeah but i have a 2g not a 3g its working so far..knock on wood

blackdiamond

I used the booneuter like you said it work Great until i got to the part where it says you have to click the ok button, its the last step on your tutorial, i didnt get to hit OK because the phone rebooted on its self..SO i let it reboot and now i have this screen..but it says..

"Restore needed, iphone cannot make or receive calls. Restore from itunes. www.apple.com/support"

any clue i think that i may need a valid sim card that has a plan. but that still should allow me to veiw all my apps, right?? Also when i get to my itunes, it dosnt even recognize the phone, it says make sure there is a sim card in there and unplug it and re-plug it in..

Any help would be greatly appriciated, i am new to the iphone world i was a blackberry person..

Thanks alot

BlackDiamod
    Last edited by black diamond; 2009-10-14 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey blackdiamond. my bad, but i miss read some things in this post, and gave you instruction as if you had a 3G, MY BAD.
    but well, good news is all you got to do is restore that device, then use pwnage tool, restore from the new custom ipsw you made and thats it your device will be jailbroken and unlocked. hope this helps.

l thats great, that i will have both a jbroke phone and a unlocked on, but is there a way to manually restore it cause my ITUNES wont recognize the device?

Thanks
    BlackDiamond

Followed this thread....followed the steps...and I'm getting the same Error Message:

"Restore needed, iphone cannot make or receive calls. Restore from itunes. www.apple.com/support"

Is there a way around this?
    Last edited by DeathIsMyGift; 2009-10-15 at 12:54 PM.