Results 1 to 5 of 5

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: upgrade to 3.1.2 with jb 3.1?

  1. #1
    Default upgrade to 3.1.2 with jb 3.1?
    i have a jailbroken 3gs 3.1 with old baseband, and i previously updated it to 3.1 without any issues, and i just found a write up on upgrading to 3.1.2 with the same process... will i encounter any problems or will it work like it did with the 3.1 custom ispw update?

  2. #2
    Did someone already make a custom 3.1.2 jailbroken firmware to do this?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Did someone already make a custom 3.1.2 jailbroken firmware to do this?
    Yes the Dev Team released PwnageTool 3.1.4 which is compatible with 3.1.2. It was released about 36 hours ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by weshookourfists View Post
    i have a jailbroken 3gs 3.1 with old baseband, and i previously updated it to 3.1 without any issues, and i just found a write up on upgrading to 3.1.2 with the same process... will i encounter any problems or will it work like it did with the 3.1 custom ispw update?
    If you previously used PwnageTool to create a custom firmware and upgrade to 3.1, then the process is identical just use the new PwnageTool to create the 3.1.2 custom firmware and upgrade your iPhone.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to nikozen For This Useful Post:

    ToasterBoyOhFour (2009-10-14)

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nikozen View Post
    Yes the Dev Team released PwnageTool 3.1.4 which is compatible with 3.1.2. It was released about 36 hours ago.



    If you previously used PwnageTool to create a custom firmware and upgrade to 3.1, then the process is identical just use the new PwnageTool to create the 3.1.2 custom firmware and upgrade your iPhone.

    I didnt use pwnagetool, i'm on windows 7 and i just hooked up to itunes with the phone and did the shift restore with the custom firmware. thats the write up on redmondpies site. just making sure it'd be safe to do it with 3.1.2

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by weshookourfists View Post
    I didnt use pwnagetool, i'm on windows 7 and i just hooked up to itunes with the phone and did the shift restore with the custom firmware. thats the write up on redmondpies site. just making sure it'd be safe to do it with 3.1.2
    It will work if you get your hands on a custom firmware and you trust the site/person you got it from. The upgrade process is exactly the same. Shift Restore and point it at the custom firm ware are you are good to go.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •