Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Fix Blackra1n iPhone 3G 3.1.2 Jailbreak Issue

Default How to Fix Blackra1n iPhone 3G 3.1.2 Jailbreak Issue
    I've found and tested the solution on Windows Vista to fix the iPhone 3G 3.1.2 jailbreak using blackra1n. If your iPhone 3G 3.1.2 stuck at the iTunes logo, you can try my method below.

• Disconnect your iPhone 3G and close the iTunes.
    • Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support. (Restart PC if necessary)
    • Download iTunes 9 and save it in a folder called iTunes 9 on your desktop.
    • Right click on iTunesSetup.exe and select Extract Here once download completed.
    • Double click on AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi to install. (Restart PC if necessary)
    • Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using blackra1n again.

Please note that I've not tested on other Windows and let me know if it works also on Window XP and Windows 7.

Cheers~~~

omg THANK YOU!! i have been looking every where to try and get it working :used windows 7

I tried breaking my phone about half a dozen times and it didn't work. I tried what alvink suggested and it worked. I'm using XP.

But, some reported that this method does not work on their iPhone 3G.
    And one of my blog readers reported that he needs to manually reboot. See this post's comment #7.

Cheers~~~

Banned
    Thanks

I cant get it to jailbreak using this method with blackra1n rc2

it finds it blackrain says its all done but the phone keeps rebooting into recovery mode. (itunes icon)