Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sucessful update 3.1 with old baseband

Default Sucessful update 3.1 with old baseband
    Well i managed to make it work pretty much flawlessly. I was on the 3GS at 3.0 with baseband 04.26.08. I wanted to update to 3.1 but keep my original baseband so i could unlock........Very easily done. Restored to a custom 3.1 firmware using the Shift + Restore. When the phone rebooted i was surprised that Cyndia was already installed. W00t, gotta love custom basebands with JB's already installed, LoL. So anyways i had to unlock it, but it worked out good. So im now unlocked and JB on 3.1 with the 04.26.08 baseband. IF any of you guys are still on 3.0 or 3.01 and u want to move up to 3.1. I would recommend doing it the way i did it. So u can kep the baseband and be able to unlock it also.

That's the *only* way to upgrade to 3.1 & maintain the unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    That's the *only* way to upgrade to 3.1 & maintain the unlock.
    Yes sir, and did i mention i did all of this from WinBlows, hehe

Pretty much i just used a custom 3.1 file from someone who created it on a MAC. I guess they had already JB it before they made the file. Which is why mine already had Cyndia on it when it was done....But either way, it worked great and i can finally take a rest knowing i did something right without screwing it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Well i managed to make it work pretty much flawlessly. I was on the 3GS at 3.0 with baseband 04.26.08. I wanted to update to 3.1 but keep my original baseband so i could unlock........Very easily done. Restored to a custom 3.1 firmware using the Shift + Restore. When the phone rebooted i was surprised that Cyndia was already installed. W00t, gotta love custom basebands with JB's already installed, LoL. So anyways i had to unlock it, but it worked out good. So im now unlocked and JB on 3.1 with the 04.26.08 baseband. IF any of you guys are still on 3.0 or 3.01 and u want to move up to 3.1. I would recommend doing it the way i did it. So u can kep the baseband and be able to unlock it also.
    So I could've just restored to custom 3.1 firmware? I had a 3G jb with old baseband on 3.0.1, and followed that popular thread and downgraded to 3.0, jailbroke with redsn0w and then restored with 3.1 custom firmware, which worked fine, but it would have been easier if I could have just restored to the 3.1 custom firmware without downgrading to 3.0.

How as your battery life/performance been on 3.1. There are a lot of complaints on Apple's forum about it.

lol it sounds like you drove across town to get to the other side of the street instead of jumping the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Yes sir, and did i mention i did all of this from WinBlows, hehe
    Got one better...I just made my own custom 3.1.2 inside of Windows using PwnageTool 3.1.4

Who needs the over-priced hardware when you can run the crappy OS inside of Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    Got one better...I just made my own custom 3.1.2 inside of Windows using PwnageTool 3.1.4

Who needs the over-priced hardware when you can run the crappy OS inside of Windows?

LMAO, yeah gotta love when u put ur mind to things that most people would over look. I remember when i use to run wiNE on my Slackware, just so i could use some winblows programs. Who needed winblows when u could do it all from a linux box.

Caligula, u took a long walk on a short pier.