Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Jailbroken and Baseband Downgraded to 04.26.08 Ultrasn0w still does not work

Default Iphone Jailbroken and Baseband Downgraded to 04.26.08 Ultrasn0w still does not work
    I just bought an Iphone from someone who had recently updated to 3.1.2, Luckily for me blackra1n was released later on that nite, I jailbroke it and downgraded using fuzzyband, And Im now confidently on baseband firmware 04.26.08 I installed ultrasn0w bt I still get the Sim failure, Invalid Sim error, Any help please

restore with custum firmware, unlock with ultrasn0w it will definitely work or try another sim card
    Last edited by 15india; 2009-10-13 at 09:12 AM.

How do I do that, because redsn0w isn't compatible with version 3.1.2

Find a "friend" with a mac. Currently to upgrade via a PC you need to have someone use PwnageTool to create you a custom FW which you can then use on a PC. Or you search Google and download one off the interwebs. If at all possible I'd go with finding a friend with a mac and making your own custom FW.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nikozen For This Useful Post:

TheUltimatePwner (2009-10-13)

I actually downloaded a CFW dat wasnt hactivated, now I'm screwed, if i put it in recovery mode and restore with an activated one, would dat work?

As far as I know if your baseband was upgraded to 05.11.07 you are sol as there currently is no unlock for that baseband. Nor am I aware of any way to downgrade the baseband from 05.11.07 to 04.26.08.
    Last edited by nikozen; 2009-10-13 at 10:00 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

how did you downgrade the baseband?????

BlackRa1n does not hactivate but a hactivated custom FW made with pwnage 3.14 will work.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

IF you are not using an ATT sim, then you will need a hactivated cusom firmware file. However, IF your using an ATT sim, then u can just use an un-activated custom file. Itunes will activate it for you.

I used fuzzyband to downgrade it, if y'all care to know, you can get it off cydia, but it only works with the right bootloader and there's a 20% chance you'll have it, I acytually did have it, well I just found a hactivated cfw and re-restored it, now I'm on 3.1.2 on my T-mobile and loving it!