Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! All hackers...Email Iphone Problem...

Default HELP! All hackers...Email Iphone Problem...
    I have a OTB 16G IPhone and when I first used it untouched I could get email...since jaibreaking I can load all the great apps but when I try to access email I get this message: "The user name or password for "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect"....What the heck does it mean? Did apple throw a new bomb in for the 1.1.4 jaikbreakers like me? Is there a way to fix this?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Redo all ur mail settings, if dat doesnt work, reset all settings. Set ur mail up, make sure theyre right. If not, just do a dfu restore and start again. Ive jailbroken several 1.1.4 otb 16g iphones, and it works fine

Retired Motorola Modder.

Quote Originally Posted by imbombero View Post
    I have a OTB 16G IPhone and when I first used it untouched I could get email...since jaibreaking I can load all the great apps but when I try to access email I get this message: "The user name or password for "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect"....What the heck does it mean? Did apple throw a new bomb in for the 1.1.4 jaikbreakers like me? Is there a way to fix this?
    I tried the reset with no luck...I'll try another restore...sigh! WHo do you recommend for the Jailbreak? What do you use? Ziphone, Iplus...?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I resell jailbroken/unlckod/activated iphone(dat means i jailbreak alot) and i use ziphone all the time(2.5c), no there's version 2.6, but the only change is support for ipod. so use ziphone 2.6.
    iPlus is mostly only for jailbreak and activate (and alot others of course) but i dont trust its unlock very much(although its safer because there's no bootloader downgrade).
    good luck!!

Retired Motorola Modder.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same error with iPlus. I have used iLiberty and ZiPhone successfully though.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Thanks

i got these errors too, even when i wasnt jailbroken, and it only happened on Yahoo!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

i have 1.0.2 no jailbroken and i have the saam with my yahoo email it just was working few days ago and one time it give massge that user name or password is incorrect for imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com and i saw the saam problem in in apple fourm and yahoo fourm no aanswer for it it seames new game btween apple and yahoo
    if any budy have idea about it pleeez help cus im taird changeing my password ??/
    thanx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had the same problem when I was jailbroken 1.1.3, called Apple and they told me to restore the phone which fixed the problem but also un-jailbroke my phone. I did the 1.1.4 Jailbreaking the other night and I'm have the same issues.

I believe you can change out three files through ssh which should fix the problem.