Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another Tip for Blackra1n problems!

Default Another Tip for Blackra1n problems!
    Having tried all of the current fixes to make Blackra1n work and having no joy.... I tried this one...

If your 3g 3.1.2 is hanging on the restore to itunes logo...

Take usb lead out of iphone/device

Click x on blackra1n application to close it

Plug usb back into device

Re run Black ra1n as admin like normal

Should then start the process...

I tried everything I could find and had no luck... in the end I tried every step with a different way and got to this one so give it a go if you are having trouble jail breaking your device... It looks like you have to find a way that works for your individual PC...

Cheers

Noveldex

Also another thing...

If you install Cydia Icy and Rock, make sure Blackra1n the app is deleted otherwise they may not open properly...

Thanks

Novel
    Last edited by noveldex; 2009-10-12 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Finally
    I have tried getting this thing to work for the past 2 days without success. Phone kept on going into restore mode. Thank you for posting that, I was doubtful at first but it definitly worked

god damn, blackra1n is annoying. i did it yesterday first go, but i was having some problems from a theme i'd previously been running so decided to start fresh so restored my iphone 3g. can't get it to work now, hangs and ive tried damn near everything to get it to work.

certainly wont be donating as this definitely isn't 'the easiest jailbreak ever'. never had a problem breaking with dev team tools.

Got a new 32Gb iphone 3GS yesterday - came preinstalled with OS 3.1. Wanted to jailbreak it today. Had some trouble this morning using the Pwnage 3.1.4 tools on my Mac G5. Ended up making a custom ipsw for the iphone 3gs 3.1.2 firmware, but on trying to load it got error 1604 a lot. Tried on my Windows 7 box, same deal. Tried different USB ports, etc, nothing worked.

Finally itunes restored it to 3.1.2 firmware from apple.

THis afternoon I used blackrain on the windows 7 (64 bit) box. Just made sure to "run as administrator" and all went fine.

This was STUPID easy. TOO easy. Thanks GeoHOT!

Now onto exploring cydia and ICY.

.... cydia seems to be down right now. hmmm?

Hi:
    Try deleting all copies of Blackra1n on your computer and re-download it.

Geoshot rewrote the program just recently.

Let me know if it works now.

John

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I got my 3GS today and wanted to jailbreak but all these problems I read about make me have second thoughts.

What is this I am reading about if your battery dies you have to connect it to itunes to boot it back up??? Why? Is this true?

Is there still issues with wifi not working as well?

I have a problem too

I jealbreaked my iPhone using blackra1n but when I use iPhone Explorer or iFun box it tells me I have an iPhone 1.2 (jailed)

Any help ??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FreeEnCool View Post
    I have a problem too

I jealbreaked my iPhone using blackra1n but when I use iPhone Explorer or iFun box it tells me I have an iPhone 1.2 (jailed)

Any help ??
    Install afc2add from cydia. I think that's what it's called.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

mickymully (2009-11-27)

I've found that following these steps lets you jailbreak with no problems...

1. Open up Blackra1n and click 'Make it Rain'
    2. Plug in your iPhone (make sure you have clicked 'Make it Rain' before you plug in your device because it hung on the connect to iTunes recovery mode picture)
    3. Wait for blackra1n to complete the jailbreak which is a matter of seconds
    4. Wait for iPhone back light to come on. Once that's done the jailbreak is done.

*****PLEASE NOTE THE JAILBREAK IS TETHERED FOR THE iPhone 3GS RUNNING THE 5.11.07 BASEBAND. WHICH FOR THOSE THAT DON'T KNOW BASCIALLY MEANS IF YOU TURN OFF OR YOUR BATTERY DIES YOU WILL HAVE TO DO THE JAILBREAK AGAIN USING THE ABOVE STEPS OR ANY OTHER STEPS THAT YOU DID TO GET THIS JAILBREAK WORKING. ALSO IF THIS EVER HAPPENS IT WILL NOT AFFECT ANY UNLOCKING USING blacksn0w AS THE UNLOCK SOFTWARE WILL ALREADY BE INSTALLED*****

I hope this helps, sorry if it's already been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
    I got my 3GS today and wanted to jailbreak but all these problems I read about make me have second thoughts.

What is this I am reading about if your battery dies you have to connect it to itunes to boot it back up??? Why? Is this true?

Is there still issues with wifi not working as well?
    I've not had any issues with WIFI or anything but as for running iTunes afterwards is a bad idea because it will state you need to restore which is false. All you have to do is run the jailbreak again and you'll be up and running in seconds. It's called a tethered jailbreak, ball ache I know but it's the only way it can be done for now.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by payne6661; 2009-12-27 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hay i can get past your stage but when it tries to reboot and show the geohot symbol i get zip and a black lit up screen no geohot and no auto reboot i am on the virg of going to redsn0w plz help

Quote Originally Posted by ihacker117 View Post
    hay i can get past your stage but when it tries to reboot and show the geohot symbol i get zip and a black lit up screen no geohot and no auto reboot i am on the virg of going to redsn0w plz help
    back from my own lol blackra1n will give me the message that its done but my ipod dosen't reboot and ther is no geohot symbol
    Last edited by ihacker117; 2010-01-03 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hello
    i apologize if i’m posting in the wrong place. (if so pls re-direct me to the right location)
    i have a 3 GS 5.11 baseband 3.1.2 firmware. 2 months ago i unlocked it (tethered) using blackr1n. this morning wifi wasn’t working i did a network restore and when i tried to unlock it again as i had already done many times previously, it got stuck in restore mode. geohot face appears but after a couple of minutes apple logo appears and back to restore mode (itunes USb cable). i wanted to do a restore but i only get the option restore and update which i do not want to do since i’d be stuck with the 3.1.3 firmware.. i’m SO incredibly stuck! any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Thanks

grab a copy of the 3.1.2 FW and restore to that,, simples

i keep getting an error message ASL.dll plz help me no clue what happening.

i have iphone 3gs 16gig
    Same problem over here. Stuck on geohot splash screen.
    Spent 10 hours yesterday trying everything. Everyone having this problem seems to have upgraded itunes??
    Could apple have done something to make blacka1n not work and force firmware update??
    I need to solve this problem as I have been making business appointments in my iphone and i havent backed up in 2 weeks.
    Things i have tryed to get it working...
    -Downgrade to itunes 8
    -Latest blackra1n with blackbreeze fix
    -blackra1n Boot loop running for 14 hours

i believe if you do a restore and get latest firmware and run 'spirit JB' ur problem will be solved. the problem with me is, RESTORE IS NOT AN OPTION as i have appointment and data i need to recover...

SOMEONE HELPPPPPPPP!!!!

You can use Blackra1n itself without using blackbreeze.
    1. downlaod blackra1n RC3
    2. copy the blackra1n.exe file to CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\
    3. run blackra1n.exe

it will work as normal.

blackra1n just doesnt work for me. i click "make it ra1n" and it tells me theres a problem and needs to close. any solutions?

Default Found a solution yet?
    What is the solution if anyone has resolved this issue?

I am having the same problem for the past 2 days and don't to upgrade/restore.