Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blackra1n and Winterboard

My 3.1 was a firmware update I did with iTunes. Stupid me. And finally blackra1n came along to save the day. Applied Blackra1n, and only a few apps worked. Downloaded Cydia, Rock, Icy, in that order. Could I do a restore using the custom 3.1 IPSW? Or do I have to restore using iTunes 3.1.2 firmware? Does 3.1 baseband firmware differ from 3.1.2 or are they the same? I want to use the Dev Teams jailbreak once restored.
    Last edited by cervantes008; 2009-10-13 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bays View Post
    my experience, in case anyone has the same issue

-3GS, 3.1 out of the box
    -Jailbreak with blackra1n
    -installed cydia, icy, rock
    - installed winterboard- would not apply any themes or changes

-restored / updated in itunes to 3.1.2
    -jailbreak again with blackra1n
    -installed cydia only
    -installed winterboard again and it works
    I just did that exactly cause I experienced the exact same thing on my phone. After reading your post I took the plunge and Installed WB again and it works!

The funny thing is all the tweaks I used on my 3G 3.0 that come stock with WB were immediately applied to my 3GS 3.1.2 since I used the Backup from my old phone! Strange that they gotten backuped by iTunes.
    Worked like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by cervantes008 View Post
    My 3.1 was a firmware update I did with iTunes. Stupid me. And finally blackra1n came along to save the day. Applied Blackra1n, and only a few apps worked. Downloaded Cydia, Rock, Icy, in that order. Could I do a restore using the custom 3.1 IPSW? Or do I have to restore using iTunes 3.1.2 firmware? Does 3.1 baseband firmware differ from 3.1.2 or are they the same? I want to use the Dev Teams jailbreak once restored.
    Your not going to be able to get the 3.1 baseband back down since u did an actual itunes update to 3.1. IF you would have used a custom firmware THEN you would have been able to do whatever u wanted to do with it. For now, you just have to wait on DEV.

It works great now! Installed and Power cycled the phone manually. Not using the reboot option Cydia gives at the end.

Now only Cyntact is not showing any pics in my contacts...

Thanks

where does the winterboard show up? after you install cydia?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12