Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bundles To Jailbreak iPhone 2G/3G Running Firmware 3.1.2 With PwnageTool On Mac

Default Bundles To Jailbreak iPhone 2G/3G Running Firmware 3.1.2 With PwnageTool On Mac
    iH8sn0w has released the new Bundles for PwnageTool. These are some files within DevTeam’s application on a Mac, which can enable support for firmware 3.1.2 and allow a custom firmware that is already jailbroken.

Currently they have only released the bundles for iPhone 2G and 3G but they will release them for iPhone 3GS as well. I should tell you from the begining that these bundles are not officially issued by the DevTeam. DevTeam is also working on the new version of PwnageTool.

Basically you just need to add two files inside the PwnageTool and then follow the same procedure as you did with pwnage tool 3.1.3 for jailbreaking, as this will add support for the new iPhone firmware 3.1.2 and then you can use the PwnageTool to create a custom 3.1.2 firmware for iPhone 2G/3G. This is not a difficult process, so let’s proceed:

NOTE: this is not an official release. My friend tried it on his iPhone 3G as I have a 3GS, and it works great. No issues so far. Use at your own risk though.

What do you need:

* PwnageTool 3.1.3 ( megaupload )
    * Bundles for iPhone 2G/3G ( megaupload )

How to do it:

1. First thing you need to do is to download the files mentioned above and unpack them on your desktop

2. Right-click on PwnageTool.app and click on “Show Package Contents”

3. Now go to Contents>Resoruces>FirmwareBundles

4. Copy the new bundles from iH8sn0w

5. Now launch PwnageTool and follow the 3.1 jailbreak and unlock guide . The only difference is that you will use firmware 3.1.2 this time.

THIS METHOD WILL BE HELPFUL TO ALL THOSE PEOPLE HAVING iPHONE 2G & 3G WHO WANT TO JAILBREAK & ARE FACING ISSUES WITH BLACKRA1N.

ENJOY!!!

-SCREAMANKIT.
    Last edited by screamankit; 2009-10-13 at 06:04 PM. Reason: update

2. The Following User Says Thank You to screamankit For This Useful Post:

$cream (2009-10-15)

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Does this update the Baseband ?

And does Ultra snow work with this ?
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    Does this update the Baseband ?

And does Ultra snow work with this ?

You wont be able to unlock your iphone 2G/3G as this method is for all those people who cant jailbreak to 3.1.2 with BLACKRA1N.

-SCREAMANKIT

5. The Following User Says Thank You to screamankit For This Useful Post:

$cream (2009-10-15)