Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: activatemms2g is not on cydia as an apt

  1. #1
    Default activatemms2g is not on cydia as an apt
    I know everyone is all involved with the new jailbreak, but I am STILL trying to get mms on my 2g running 3.0. I have just restored and jailbroke again and thought I would give activatemms2g one more attempt, only problem is "IT AIN'T THERE". Where hell did it go and how do I get it back???? Or is the any reason to even try again? I think I am doomed to never have mms.

  2. #2
    Green Apple jaylen555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati OH
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    hey same problem here man i freaked out after i upgraded to 3.0.1 two days ago then went to find that there was nothing in cydia. this got my mms working again MMS on 2G (os3.0) with default SMS/MMS app - Hackint0sh

    Ps. Let me know how it goes

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylen555 View Post
    hey same problem here man i freaked out after i upgraded to 3.0.1 two days ago then went to find that there was nothing in cydia. this got my mms working again MMS on 2G (os3.0) with default SMS/MMS app - Hackint0sh

    Ps. Let me know how it goes
    I went and read that and gotta tell ya, I have NO idea how to go about doing that..But thanks for the tip, I just am not that adept at this stuff.

  4. #4
    Green Apple jaylen555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati OH
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    okay so i upgraded from 3.0 to 3.0.1 because of the sms exploit where they could hijack your phone but the instructions im giving you are what i did to my 2G 3.0 so ill go through every detail. so no big. read it once before u start so youll know what to expect.

    Edit. WARNING! WILL NOT WORK ON FIRMWARE 3.1 AND ABOVE! IN DOING SO WILL BRICK YOUR 2G!

    1. first go to cydia and install openssh. then install winscp from here Download WinSCP from SourceForge.net . download the mms2g.zip from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OWPUGS1P and unzip it to desktop.


    2. after youre done open winscp and a window comes up telling you to login.in the login window, on the host name type ur iphones ip address ( you get this from the small blue arrow on the wifi network you are connected to in settings)

    the username is root and the password is alpine. under the protocol menu. select SCP. once youre done hit save and a popup will say [email protected]... just hit save. before you hit login in make sure ur phone isnt locked and is active, then hit login.

    3. when it logs in a popup may appear and say something like do you want to copy key just hit yes. after that u might get an error 127 just hit ok. then you are in.

    4. once winscp connects to your phone, dont do any navigating in it(winscp) yet. go to the mms2g folder u unzipped and get the mms2g.deb file and drag and drop into the right winscp window which is in your phone.

    5. after it copies in ur phone, hit CTRL+T and a black window should appear with the name console.

    6. in the typing box copy and paste "dpkg -i mms2g.deb" without colons and click execute. it should install and tell you to restart so restart phone and ur good.

    if anything comes up let me know
    Last edited by jaylen555; 2010-04-18 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Not for FW 3.1 +

  5. #5
    I tried all the steps above. Installed, rebooted. I see nothing in Settings > Messages

    Or even in Messages > (no camera icon)

    Help please?

    Iphone 2G 8GB Firmware 3.0 Unlocked with RedSnow

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenin Glass View Post
    I tried all the steps above. Installed, rebooted. I see nothing in Settings > Messages

    Or even in Messages > (no camera icon)

    Help please?

    Iphone 2G 8GB Firmware 3.0 Unlocked with RedSnow
    where did you find the file mms2g.deb? the one I found was not a zip file and when I try to open it windows says,, naw, not today.LOL

  7. #7
    Green Apple jaylen555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati OH
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    what career are u on lenin?

    Quote Originally Posted by John1177 View Post
    where did you find the file mms2g.deb? the one I found was not a zip file and when I try to open it windows says,, naw, not today.LOL
    heres the link john



    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OWPUGS1P
    Last edited by jaylen555; 2009-10-13 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #8
    I am with T-Mobile and I had to google the file because the link was broken.

  9. #9
    Green Apple jaylen555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati OH
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    just go to cydia and install T-Mobile US Postpaid the first link and restart. It should work
    Last edited by jaylen555; 2009-10-13 at 08:13 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylen555 View Post
    what career are u on lenin?



    heres the link john



    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    ok, I found it and I have it on my desktop. now before I start I have a couple of questions..
    will I lose my visual email doing this? (they say they did with some of the fixes)
    when you say "drag and drop", do you mean find it on the left side and drag and drop it to the right side? or drag and drop it from the desktop?
    One more thing, do I need to change the APN settings after this and if so, to what please..
    Thanks

    This thing has to work sooner or later..I HOPE !! LOL
    Last edited by John1177; 2009-10-14 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylen555 View Post
    okay so i upgraded from 3.0 to 3.0.1 because of the sms exploit where they could hijack your phone but the instructions im giving you are what i did to my 2G 3.0 so ill go through every detail. so no big. read it once before u start so youll know what to expect.

    1. first go to cydia and install openssh. then install winscp from here Download WinSCP from SourceForge.net . download the mms2g.zip from MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and unzip it to desktop.


    2. after youre done open winscp and a window comes up telling you to login.in the login window, on the host name type ur iphones ip address ( you get this from the small blue arrow on the wifi network you are connected to in settings)

    the username is root and the password is alpine. under the protocol menu. select SCP. once youre done hit save and a popup will say [email protected]... just hit save. before you hit login in make sure ur phone isnt locked and is active, then hit login.

    3. when it logs in a popup may appear and say something like do you want to copy key just hit yes. after that u might get an error 127 just hit ok. then you are in.

    4. once winscp connects to your phone, dont do any navigating in it(winscp) yet. go to the mms2g folder u unzipped and get the mms2g.deb file and drag and drop into the right winscp window which is in your phone.

    5. after it copies in ur phone, hit CTRL+T and a black window should appear with the name console.

    6. in the typing box copy and paste "dpkg -i mms2g.deb" without colons and click execute. it should install and tell you to restart so restart phone and ur good.

    if anything comes up let me know
    Ok, I did everything as you said, phone rebooted, no change. When I go into settigs there is no additional options available.
    Should I just delete mms2g.deb from phone and start over? can I even do that?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylen555 View Post
    okay so i upgraded from 3.0 to 3.0.1 because of the sms exploit where they could hijack your phone but the instructions im giving you are what i did to my 2G 3.0 so ill go through every detail. so no big. read it once before u start so youll know what to expect.

    1. first go to cydia and install openssh. then install winscp from here Download WinSCP from SourceForge.net . download the mms2g.zip from MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and unzip it to desktop.


    2. after youre done open winscp and a window comes up telling you to login.in the login window, on the host name type ur iphones ip address ( you get this from the small blue arrow on the wifi network you are connected to in settings)

    the username is root and the password is alpine. under the protocol menu. select SCP. once youre done hit save and a popup will say [email protected]... just hit save. before you hit login in make sure ur phone isnt locked and is active, then hit login.

    3. when it logs in a popup may appear and say something like do you want to copy key just hit yes. after that u might get an error 127 just hit ok. then you are in.

    4. once winscp connects to your phone, dont do any navigating in it(winscp) yet. go to the mms2g folder u unzipped and get the mms2g.deb file and drag and drop into the right winscp window which is in your phone.

    5. after it copies in ur phone, hit CTRL+T and a black window should appear with the name console.

    6. in the typing box copy and paste "dpkg -i mms2g.deb" without colons and click execute. it should install and tell you to restart so restart phone and ur good.

    if anything comes up let me know


    hey i tried what you posted and it messed up my phone. got any other idea to fix this problem. Thanks.

  13. #13
    Green Apple jaylen555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati OH
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    hey did u fix it?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •