Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs on 3.0.1 - can i restore?

Default 3gs on 3.0.1 - can i restore?
    i have a 3gs with the 3.0.1 firmware. i haven't not upgraded to 3.1, 3.1.1 or 3.1.2. the phone has been jailbroken with redsn0w.

i've been having a few problems receiving calls, so i'd like to restore my phone and see if it works better without redsn0w.

based on what i've read, i can't restore to 3.0.1 because i have a 3gs and my cydia entry reads "3.1 ecid shsh". can someone confirm that i can't restore? thanks.

I have the same situation also, am looking forward to the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonintoronto View Post
    i have a 3gs with the 3.0.1 firmware. i haven't not upgraded to 3.1, 3.1.1 or 3.1.2. the phone has been jailbroken with redsn0w.

i've been having a few problems receiving calls, so i'd like to restore my phone and see if it works better without redsn0w.

based on what i've read, i can't restore to 3.0.1 because i have a 3gs and my cydia entry reads "3.1 ecid shsh". can someone confirm that i can't restore? thanks.
    That is correct. Since Apple's servers are no longer signing the 3.0 or 3.0.1 firmware and you don't have your ECID on file at Cydia you upgrade to 3.1, using the custom FW made with Pwanage tool, or you stay with what you've got. You unfortunately cannot restore to 3.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by nikozen View Post
    That is correct. Since Apple's servers are no longer signing the 3.0 or 3.0.1 firmware and you don't have your ECID on file at Cydia you upgrade to 3.1, using the custom FW made with Pwanage tool, or you stay with what you've got. You unfortunately cannot restore to 3.0.1.
    thanks for confirming. i'll stick with 3.0.1 until pwnage for windows comes out (or something that does both jb+unlock).