Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n troubleshooting

Default blackra1n troubleshooting
    hey guy`s i think somebody needed to make one of this. so i did. step by step using blackra1n and fixing all the little problems ppl are experiencing.

make sure you use a pc to restore your device cinse iamtheiphone experienced some problems(blackra1n app missing), that might be related to his device first been restore on a mac and then using blackra1n in a pc. maybe is the way itunes in mac partitions the iboot.

1.start your pc but do not open any programs at all(no iTunes).

2.go to blackra1n.com and download a fresh copy of the app.

3.plug your device and make sure iTunes is not working in the background.(this might fix the problem with blackra1n that hang in boot screen)(make sure all services related to itunes are stoped. this fixes the issue with the blackra1n app stoping at running... and just hanging there)

4.run blackra1n with administrator credentials(right click run as admin).(this fix the problem that some are having blackra1n just sits there and dont do anything. this is because blackra1n have not found a connection to the device.

5.make it ra1n!.

hope this helps

also if the app give you a error trying to open it, might be because blackra1n cant find the llb in the itunes folder.
    Last edited by DJBBOX; 2009-10-12 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DJBBOX For This Useful Post:

fatherapple (2010-01-01)

Basically you just need to install the latest iTunes in order for blackra1n to work.

Cheers~~~

I have tried everything(fresh restore, ending processes, holding power and home...etc) posted in every thread and was very doubtful of blackra1n working for me. I got blackra1n to work for me by putting phone into DFU mode myself instead of letting blackra1n do it...hope this helps someone.

i've tried putting my iphone into DFU Mode first and "made it rain" but now its stuck on waiting on phone.. it doesnt go to the next steps.

Here's my blackra1n log:

INFO: welcome to blackra1n for windows
    INFO: loaded dll at C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportbiniTunesMobileDevice.dll
    INFO: button clicked
    INFO: callbacks registered
    didnt do anything
    Last edited by xskinnerx; 2009-10-16 at 07:59 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am attempting the jailbreak with my iPhone 3G in Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium.

I have ended all iTunes processes in the task manager. I changed the Compatibility in blackra1n's properties to Windows XP Service Pack 2. I ran the program as administrator. When I click "make it rain" this error message appears - "The procedure entry point sqlite3_prepare_v2 could not be located in the dynamic link library SQLite3.dll."

If I click OK on that four times it goes away and begins the process for blackrai1n. But when the iPhone restarts into recovery mode, the geohot picture doesn't come up. The picture of the iTunes logo with the USB cord pointing to it comes up.

What should I do?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

when this happens, open another black rain and click make it rain.
    It should say waiting for phone- hold power and home till phone switches off then on again, when the apple logo comes up, release power button BUT KEEP HOLD OF HOME BUTTON AND IT SHOULD RUN

8. The Following User Says Thank You to skiptowncat For This Useful Post:

fatherapple (2010-01-01)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ha, I actually just did that and it worked! Here's the instructions I used -

* Turn you your phone off.

* Connect to USB port.

* Start blackra1n (as normal - no compatibility mode, not as an
    administrator) - it will say "waiting for phone".

* Now put your phone in DFU mode (press 'power' and
    'home'together. Keep holding both until the apple logo appears,
    then release 'power' but keep holdind home. the
    blackra1n picture will appear on your screen.

* From that point it's just waiting for phone to restart. Then follow
    the instructions above (instal cydia or whatever you like, etc.)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moikazoid For This Useful Post:

fatherapple (2010-01-01), mrspyder (2010-01-01)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hit the thanks button then!!!!!!!!!!!

k so i have hacked my bro's ipod...great...
    i used blackra1n...good

but when it reboots (the ipod) it goes into recovery mode...so i make it rain a second time and it works....like it turns on and stuff...i install cydia, and try to install the apps i have for my own iphone...but they dont installl...and in adition, whenever the ipod is rebooted, it ALWAYS goes to recovery mode....

help plz

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Here is the answer to the recovery mode question. If it is a new iPod it will be a tethered jailbreak. This is because of the new iBoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You will use blackrain to jailbreak then it will get stuck in recovery mode. You will then close blackrain and then reopen it... run it again.. this will boot the phone. Each and every time the phone gets powered off you will have to run blackrain on it in order to boot it out of revery mode. There is absolutely no way around this at the current time.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

LIL_cjay (2010-01-03)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks MOIKAZOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been trying to jailbreak forever....

Thanks..

Thanks

Default Blackra1n and Vista Permissions
    If anyone is using vista and blackrain is sitting just waiting after pressing make it rain try setting all users as admin permissions not just run as adminstrator go to show settings for all users and change although I am the aministrator and the only account on my pc also I did not set it to run in any compatibility mode...if I dont set this also it wont run just sits waiting..NOTHING else has been disabled no itunes services have been stopped!

Last edited by g0sbv; 2010-01-01 at 10:56 AM.

Ok, im trying to jailbreak my phone and this always happens. I made it run as admin and then it shows the itunes logo with the USB and then after that the screen will go blank with the lights on. Any advice? I have been trying to make it rain for at least 5 times now. The reason why i had to rejailbreak my phone is cos the app Backgrounder rebooted my 3GS and it just deleted the jailbreak

Default Won't reboot
    Blackra1n runs and I get the "thank you" message, but the device never reboots! I can't figure out whats wrong? Can anyone help?