Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: safe to restore after 3.1 jb on 3gs?

Default safe to restore after 3.1 jb on 3gs?
    i had a jailbroken 3.0 3gs and got the custom ispw and followed the directions, now i have a 3.1 with jb with the old baseband. but i backed up my iphone before the ispw update, am i safe to plug my phone in and hit restore?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

set up as new phone. restores cause big headache's

this is all i get, my itunes has been acting weird lately, still working on media monkey to sync.

Quote Originally Posted by weshookourfists View Post
    i had a jailbroken 3.0 3gs and got the custom ispw and followed the directions, now i have a 3.1 with jb with the old baseband. but i backed up my iphone before the ispw update, am i safe to plug my phone in and hit restore?
    NO!!!

just clicking restore will prompt itunes to download and install STOCK 3.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    NO!!!

just clicking restore will prompt itunes to download and install STOCK 3.1.2

thats what i thought, im trying to figure out how to get it to recognize my phone. it did the other day and i have one album on my phone, but now it says what the above picture says.

hi,
    i just jb my iphone, now i have a 3.1.2 3gs iphone.
    It all works, i did a sync to have my contacts and pics back, i all went well except it installed all the original itunes apps (facebook, tweeter, fml, twi, ect..) and i can see the icons but when i tap them noting opens... how do i get my odl itunes apps back?
    Thank you!
    P.S= all the original apps where in folders created with Categories app, could this be the issue?
    Thank You!

Did you JB using the iClarified instructions or blackra1n? I'm also afraid of having to restore to 3.1.2 and loose my JB. Currently JB 3.0 but want to move to JB 3.1